The Chemistry Department is dedicated to prepare students for rewarding careers in diverse areas such as biology, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, education, and chemistry.
There are a variety of individual, specialized research spaces that include, laboratories and classrooms; instrument labs; modern instruments such as
- Fourier Transform Infrared spectrometer (FTIR),
- UV-Visible Light spectrometers, Flame Atomic Absorption spectrometer (AAS),
- H-1 and C-13 Fourier Transform-Nuclear Magnetic Resonance spectrometer (FT-NMR),
- Flow Injection Analyzer (FIA),
- Ion Chromatograph (IC),
- Gas Chromatograph-Mass Spectrometer (GC-MS), and
- Ultra-High Performance Liquid Chromatograph-Mass Spectrometer (UPLC-MS).
Chemistry Certificate Brochure
Email any of the full time faculty: Amanda Henry, Karin Gruet, Jodi Kawagoe, Kirk Kawagoe, Catherine Uvarov, Christian Vellandi, Marina Stavytska-Barba, or Seth Yates.
Courses and Information
Courses include general chemistry, introductory general chemistry, preparation for general chemistry, introductory organic and biochemistry, elementary organic chemistry, organic chemistry, and practical quantitative analysis.
To see recommended courses, see the Catalog. To see upcoming scheduled classes, see the Schedule of Classes.