Do you enjoy helping people? Are you excited to learn something new every day? Are you looking for a career that will allow you to make a difference in the world?
Then, maybe, working in a library or archives might be the right job for you. Check out the Library Technology and Information Program at Fresno City College. Our program is 100% online so you can take classes around your current schedule and commitments.
- Associate of Science in Library Technology (F.5171.AS)
- Library Technology Certificate of Achievement (F.5171.CA)
Get started on your new career in information and libraries. Contact Donna Chandler for more information. See current class schedule.
The Library Technology Program is a real world discipline. As such, its objectives reflect what the library paraprofessional will be asked to do in the field. This program is completely online and can be completed in 4 semesters.
At the completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Apply basic knowledge of library principles and practices to their specific library setting
- Understand basic technical service practices currently in use in libraries
- Understand basic public services practices currently in use in libraries
- Understand the purpose of the paraprofessional in all types of libraries.