- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
If you need assistance with the FAFSA, please visit our Financial Aid Computer Lab located in LI-123 in the East Annex of the Library Building.
When filling out the FAFSA you will need tax return information of the previous year from your or your parents' tax return if you filed. For example, if you are filling out the 2016-2017 application you would need your tax return from 2015.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
- January 1, 2018 - March 2, 2018 FAFSA & Dream Application Priority Filing (but you can still submit your application after this date)
- March 2, 2018 Application Deadline for Fresno City College Scholarships
- March 2, 2018 FAFSA & Dream Act Application Deadline for initial Cal Grant awards
- September 2, 2018 Deadline for Cal Grants – Competitive Awards (Community College Students Only)
For Academic Year 2017-2018
Complete the FAFSA online.
Note: You will need 2015 income information to fill out the 2017 - 2018 FAFSA; this will be used to determine eligibility for the Fall 2017, Spring 2018 and Summer 2018 terms. (If you plan on attending summer session, fill out the FAFSA for both 2017-2018 and 2017-2018 years to determine your Board of Governors Fee Waiver eligibility.)
Need help filling out your FAFSA or Dream Act application?
Visit the Financial Aid Computer Lab for help! Located in the library, room LI-123.
- Complete the Scholarship Application online by the March 2nd deadline for following academic year.
- NEW Cal Grant applicants need to complete and submit a GPA Verification Form by March 2, 2017 for initial awards. If it is now past March 2, 2017 then submit a GPA Verification Form by September 2, 2017 for community college competitive awards. If you have at least 16 transferable units towards a 4-year degree with our District and within the last 3 academic school years, your GPA will be sent by the college electronically to the California Student Aid Commission.
- Receive your FAFSA results by mail or email from the U.S. Department of Education. Review your results and make any necessary corrections. The Financial Aid Office can assist you with making electronic corrections.
- Receive notification by email from the Financial Aid Office regarding your FAFSA results. You will be notified of whether or not you qualified for a fee waiver and if you are required to submit additional documents before your financial aid eligibility can be determined. If your letter does not request additional documents, then you will receive a letter of eligibility 1-2 weeks later.
- Review your information on WebAdvisor to see if you need to submit documentation to our office and to check your financial aid awards.