Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government
graphic element

Transfer Requirements

Preparation to Enter Four-Year Colleges or Universities

Fresno City College provides the first two years of a four-year college or university program. Students can transfer to a baccalaureate institution once they have completed a program of study (major), 60 or more transferable units, and the required grade point average (GPA). Students planning to transfer must schedule a counseling appointment to develop an Student Educational Plan (SEP) for transfer.

Effective, Fall 2012 the new Associate of Arts Transfer (AAT) and the Assoicate of Science Transfer (AST) Degree can provide a option for students who are interested in obtaining an assoicate degree and a guarantee admission to a CSU. Click here for a current list of the Associate of Art/Science Transfer Degrees.

Click here for the CSU General Education Requirements and the major preparation requirements for that specific college or university visit

Click here for the FCC IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum), this is a list of Fresno City College courses that fulfill the transfer pattern for the CSU, UC, and private colleges, major preparation requirements at a either CSU or UC visit Upon completion of the transfer general education requirements student will be required to submit CSU GE or IGETC Certification on the Fresno City College final transcript.

For more information about transferring to a private college/university or out-of-state school, please visit that college's website or visit our FCC Transfer Center.

General Education Pattern Tutorial

Click here to view a Powerpoint show on how to read and understand the CSU GE Pattern.  **Please note:  The tutorial will run automatically as a powerpoint show - you cannot click to advance to the next slide.  To exit the powerpoint show, press the escape key on your keyboard.

Last updated: 12/10/2014 1:53:25 PM