The following steps will assist you in completing and submitting the application online:
1. Complete the Fresno City College Admissions Application online. This will create your FCC ID# needed to apply.
2. Activate your Fresno City College student email account. SAMPLE: Jsmith01@my.scccd.edu. All communications will be sent to your FCC student email address.
3. Print the Scholarship GPA Verification Form if you are currently a senior at a local high school or have no prior college units completed, or your prior college transcripts are not evaluated with FCC Records Dept. You must submit the Scholarship GPA Verification Form to an authorized official at your high school, or other college’s, registrar’s office to verify your GPA. The completed GPA Verification form is due at the FCC Scholarship office by March 2nd each year.
4. All evaluated transcripts from other colleges attended must be on file with the Fresno City College Records Department prior to the March 2nd deadline to determine a CUM GPA.
5. Two electronic recommendations are required for the FCC General and Leon S. Peters Honors scholarships and should be completed online by individuals who can attest to your scholastic ability and accomplishments. YOU MUST ASK YOUR RECOMMENDERS BEFORE ENTERING THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS INTO THE PROGRAM. To complete this online you must have the recommenders correct e-mail addresses. Please inform the recommenders that they will receive an e-mail from notify@ngwebsolutions and it must be submitted through the link. You may review your recommendations after you submit your application to ensure the recommenders have completed the recommendations. You may send reminder emails through the program. Recommenders have an additional week to complete their response after the March 2nd deadline.
6. You will be required to write a one page, single-spaced personal statement or autobiographical essay describing your educational and career goals, your community and school involvement, and any special or unique circumstance you would like to share with the scholarship committee. Remember to write your personal statement relevant to any specific scholarship criteria you are applying for. It is recommended you use MS WORD to type your statement and then use the “copy and paste” feature to enter your document into the scholarship application program.
7. You should print the application for your records before submitting.
8. Due to the availability of need-based scholarships you should consider completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after January 1st each year. Apply online with FAFSA on the Web at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Visit our FCC Financial Aid Computer Lab in LI-123 to apply online.
If you have reviewed all the information provided above, you may go directly to the online Scholarship Application link below.
Click here to begin your online application