Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government
graphic element

University of California (UC)

                                                  UC logo

The ten Universities of California (UC) look to serve all those who work hard and dream big. Through their teaching, research and public service students are making a difference.

1. How do you know what courses to take for your major?
- Visit for lower division major course requirements for UCs.

2. When do I start my UC Transfer Admission Planner (UCTAP)?                                               ASAP!! This will be begin your communication with the UCs.  Click ---->> TAP 

3. How do I get an Student Educational Plan?
- Make an appointment with a Fresno City College counselor to do an SEP (Student Educational Plan).

4. What do I say to the Counselor to make sure I am getting the right courses for my goal?
- Explain to the counselor your transfer goal to the UC and what your major is. The counselor will use the IGETC general education requirements (if applicable) and will review major prep courses on to determine comparable courses related to your major.

  • The best way to look into a UC and determine if it is the right fit for you is to visit: UC Admissions
  • For begin a UC application, visit: UC Application   

                                                                              uc map1

Last updated: 9/8/2015 4:02:33 PM