WHAT IS A TRANSFER ADMISSION GUARNATEE (TAG) ?
A TAG is a written agreement between the student, the community college and a specific 4-year college or university, which states that if the student meets the requirements, the student is admitted. The TAG helps the student to understand:
- The courses he or she must complete before transferring
- The minimum GPA he or she must earn
- The number of units required to transfer
- The specific requirements for high-demand majors
A TAG is a free, quick and easy way to determine if the student is eligible for admission to a specific college or university. The TAG secures a seat at a selected college or university, provided that the student meets the conditions specified in the agreement.
WHEN TO START A TAG
It depends on the school that the student wants to attend. If the student wants a TAG with any of the UC schools, the TAG is generally submitted one year prior to the student planning to transfer.
HOW TO BEGIN A UC TAG FOR FALL 2015
- UC TAG form in now available for you to begin the process of completing the form at http://uctag.universityofcalifornia.edu
- If you need assistance with completing the UC TAG form, please visit the FCC Transfer Center or contact us at (559) 442-8290.
- UC TAG application filing period is September 1- 30, 2014.
- The University of California will REQUIRE a college admission application & the personal statement to be filed during November 1-30, 2014.
- The University of California will ONLY ACCEPT ONE TAG application per transfer student. The following campuses that accept TAG's are: Davis, Irvine, Merced, Riverside, Santa Barbara, & Santa Cruz.
PLEASE NOTE: UC TAG Email Notifications will be sent to all students mid-November. UC Transfer Students with an "Approved TAG" MUST complete and submit the UC Application with the personal statements and due by November 30, 2014 no later than 11:59 pm.