Counseling Services are Provided in the Following Ways:
Online Counseling Services are available to students needing assistance with general counseling questions (no personal records can be accessed). Students can search our FAQ database or receive LIVE online counseling assistance at Online Counseling Services.
- Q&A Service - Just have a quick question? No need to schedule an appointment. Counselors are available to answer your quick questions at our Q&A station located in the lobby of the counseling center during normal business hours. This is a first come, first served service.
- Schedule a "Same Day Appointment" – Don't want to wait in line to see a counselor? Use the Same Day Appointment option. Same Day Appointment slots open each morning and are scheduled throughout the day. Slots are limited, so reserve your counseling appointment early. You can book your appointment in the following ways: use our online appointment system to schedule your appointment, call the Counseling Department at (559) 442-8226, or come by the Counseling Department to schedule your appointment in person.
- Schedule a "Future Appointment" - During certain times of the year, students can schedule a Future Appointment up to two weeks in advance. This service is not offered during the first two weeks of the semester, during the summer break, or during the busy registration periods. You can book your appointment in the following ways: use our online appointment system to schedule your appointment, call the Counseling Department at (559) 442-8226, or come by the Counseling Department to schedule your appointment in person.
- Schedule an "SEP Workshop" Appointment - At certain times of the year, students may register for an SEP Workshop session instead of scheduling an individual counseling appointment. SEP is a "Student Educational Plan" which is a road map for what courses and experiences you need to reach your college goal (certificate, degree, and/or transfer). If you are a current student and have not completed an SEP with a counselor, GET YOUR SEP COMPLETED NOW.
Prepare to Meet With A Counselor:
In order to meet a student's academic needs in the most efficient manner, it is important that you come prepared for your appointment with a counselor. Students should bring the items below to their appointment:
- Other Transcripts - Unofficial copy of transcripts from other colleges attended. Bring a copy of your high school transcript if you graduated within the last 2-3 years.
- Major Sheet - Bring a copy of the major sheet(s) for the programs you are considering at FCC or at transfer institutions.
- General Education Sheet - Bring a copy of the appropriate GE pattern associated with your educational goal:
- Previous Student Educational Plans (SEP) - Bring any SEPs started by you or from a previous counseling visit.
- If you are undecided on your major and/or educational goals, it is recommended that you research options at http://cacareercafe.com, http://www.cacareerzone.org, http://www.assist.org, or visit the FCC Career and Employment Center located in the Library (LI-147).
Last updated: 2/24/2015 12:01:44 PM