Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government
graphic element

Meet Eligibility Requirements:

  • Must be  currently receiving cash aid assistance through Fresno County Employment and Temporary Assistance
  • Must be in good standing and have an approved CalWORKs Welfare-to-Work (WTW) Contract

Attend a Mandatory CalWORKs Orientation:

Students will need to be referred by their Job Specialist; Please bring your referral paperwork and WTW contract

At orientation students will:

  • Learn more about the CalWORKs program, services available, and student expectations
  • Receive information about the different educational/vocational programs available
  • Meet a Job Specialist that will review WTW guidelines and regulations; Have an opportunity to ask questions
  • Be given assistance with the FCC online admissions application and BOGG fee waiver
  • Get information on financial aid, EOPS/CARE, Federal and CalWORKs Work-Study, and college placement exams
  • Schedule an appointment to meet with a CalWORKs counselor for assistance with your Student Education Plan and registration for classes

Request for CalWORKs Services:

  • Books and Supplies: The FCC CalWORKs program will provide required books and supplies for your classes every semester as long as your educational program and classes have been approved by your Job Specialist
    •     To receive books/supplies you must:
      • Have met with a CalWORKs Counselor
      • Have a current Student Education Plan that lists the classes for the books/supplies you are requesting
      • Submit a book voucher request (available in our Forms link). *All book voucher requests will need to be approved by your Job Specialist, approved vouchers can be picked up within 2-3 days of submitting your request
      • Important Note:  If your Job Specialist is located off-campus (not at FCC), you will need to request books/supplies from that Job Specialist.  You will also need to provide your Job Specialist with a copy of your SEP, class schedule, a list indicating title of textbooks, and supplies, along with prices. 

Textbook prices can be obtained at the online FCC Bookstore at:

  • Child Care:
    CalWORKs will provide you with child care services. You must arrange child care when meeting with your Job Specialist
  • Transportation:
    A flat rate of $35.00 will be issued every month if you live within city limits. If you use public transportation a bus pass will be given to you on a monthly basis. If you live outside of city limits you will be eligible for mileage reimbursement. You will be required to submit a log of the miles traveled and submit it to your Job Specialist every month.
  • Parking Permits:
    If you use your own vehicle and attend Fresno City College main campus you may purchase a student parking permit and receive a reimbursment
    Spring and Fall Semesters are $17.00 each; Summer Semester is $8.00
    For a reimbursement, you will need to submit your receipt to your Job Specialist
    Parking at the Manchester center is FREE
  • Other Supportive Services:
  • Each case is reviewed on a case by case basis.  If you need any additional assistance, please see your Job Secialist

Meet the Following Requirements for Continued CalWORKs Eligibility:

  • Grades:  Maintain satisfactory progress in all classes.  This means receiving a "C" or better in each class (*Note:  After 2 failed semesters, you may become ineligible for further services)
  • Welfare-To-Work (WTW2) Plan:  Your are required to have a current, valid WTW2 plan at all times
  • Meet your required weekly hours according to your WTW2 plan
  • Meet with your job specialist regularly
  • Meet with a CalWORKs counselor at least once a semester



Last updated: 9/13/2013 11:30:59 AM