The Fresno City College Music Department offers a wide variety of courses for students of all backgrounds, interests, and goals. We have a talented and dedicated faculty of twenty-one full time and adjunct instructors who are committed to your success. Here are just a few of the many accomplishments of Fresno City College music students:
• Toured and performed in Canada, England, France, Germany, and Austria.
• Performed with the Fresno Philharmonic and the Fresno Grand Opera
• Transferred to four-year institutions (including USC, UCLA, Stanford, Eastman, University of North Texas, and CSU Fresno, Long Beach, Los Angeles, and Hayward) where they are completing their Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral degrees.
• Developed successful careers as professional musicians, in every conceivable musical style.
• Become some of the Valley’s best music teachers, in private studios, public schools, colleges, and universities.
• Working in the recording, engineering, and producing fields.
• Serving as Music Directors in many area churches. Here is what we the FCC Music Department can offer you:
• An extensive lower division Music Major course of study, to enhance your entry into a university level program.
• Courses for the general student that will satisfy the Humanities requirements for transfer and AA-AS degrees.
• A fully equipped computer lab and recording studios that provide students the tools to combine technological and musical knowledge.
• An outstanding Jazz Studies program
• Individual instruction available on all performance instruments and voice for music majors.
• Performance ensembles that are open to ALL qualified college students, not just music majors.
• Beginning-level courses in piano, voice, and guitar.
• Professors who are active professionals, performing throughout our community.
• A unique 2-year commercial music certificate program, with courses in the music business, recording, and computer music production
• A program that satisfies the requirements for the AA degree with a major in music and the lower division course requirements at most California state universities. Music Majors
As a music major at FCC, you can earn an Associate in Arts or an Associate in Science degree with an emphasis in these areas:
• Commercial Music Major #5850 (A. S. degree)
• Guitar Major #5830 (A. A. degree)
• Instrumental Major #5810 (A. A. degree)
• Piano Major #5840 (A. A. degree)
• Vocal Major #5820 (A. A. degree)