The Child Development Program at Fresno City College offers an associate degree and several certificate programs and transfer options.
Curricula include a broad array of courses, including theoretical, practical and experiential learning for the child development student. The courses are also aligned with the requirements for the California Child Development Permit Matrix.
The field of early child care and education has many opportunities. Because of the increasing need for child care outside the family, well prepared early childhood educators are in great demand. A certificate or degree in Child Development from Fresno City College provides students with the knowledge, skills and experience to obtain a job in a variety of different program types. Some of these are:
- Federally funded or state funded children's programs
- Employer sponsored child care centers
- Infant and toddler programs
- Private half day and full day programs for children
- Before and after school programs
- Parent cooperatives
- Family child care
- Campus child care programs
- Early intervention programs
Courses in Child Development
Last updated: 2/12/2014 4:10:11 PM