Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government
graphic element

California State University (CSU)

ADTs                           csumentor
General Information About CSUs
  • There are 23 California State Universities to choose from in the CSU system.
  • The best information on the CSU system can be found at
Important Dates for CSUs:
Fall 2016 Semester        October 1 - November 30, 2015
            Click here for the CSU Online Application:

Associate Degree for Transfer (ADTs):        
Fresno City College ADTs click link: FCC Associates For Transfer Degrees                            

California Community Colleges are now offering associate degrees for transfer to the CSU. These may include Associate in Arts (AA-T) or Associate in Science (AS-T) degrees. These degrees are designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU major and baccalaureate degree. California Community College students who are awarded an AA-T or AS-T degree are guaranteed admission with junior standing to one of the California State Universities. Also, students are given priority admission consideration to their local CSU campus or to a program that is deemed similar to their community college major. However, this degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to a university or college that is not part of the CSU system. 

What are the requirements to transfer to a CSU?

Important: Liberal Studies (Elementary Teacher) and Engineering majors should NOT use the CSU General Education Pattern– use the Liberal Studies Program or Engineering major sheet instead. See a counselor regularly for current information and assistance as you plan your program.

Complete 60 transferable units with a minimum of a 2.0 or better GPA.  The 60 transferable units will be a combination of the following:

    • 30 units of general education courses with “C” or better grades, including Communication (A1), Written Communication (A2), Critical Thinking (A3), and Transfer Level Mathematics (B4).  Click here for CSU General Education Requirements.
    • Major Preparation courses.  For information on major specific courses visit  

As always, students should meet with a counselor to have an SEP (Student Educational Plan) completed.  WHO CAN HELP ME? All counselors at Fresno City College can help you understand what you need to transfer!!!

Last updated: 8/4/2015 12:04:18 PM