Step 1: Apply to Fresno City College!
Step 2: Bring in your military Documents
- Military Transcripts (JST, CCAF)
- DD Form 2348-1 NOBE (For 1606/07 only)
Step 3: Bring in Official Academic Transcripts for any and all schools you have attended in the past.
Step 4: Take the English and Math placement tests.
Step 5: Meet with a Veterans Academic Counselor
- Once your military credits have been evaluated, you have taken the placement test, and (if applicable) you have turned in transcripts from previous institutions, we will schedule you an appointment to meet with a Veterans Academic Counselor.
- When you have your appointment with a counselor you will create a Student Educational Plan (SEP). This will have the classes that you will need to take in order to complete your desired goal at Fresno City College.
- Please note: only approved classes that are on your ED Plan are what the GI Bill will pay for.
- However, you are welcome to make adjustments to classes that are on your ED Plan, provided that the class falls within the requirements for FCC and the VA
Step 6: Make sure you have brought in the following documents:
- Application for GI Bill benefits. (VA form 1990-22)
- Signed Guidelines sheet.
- Signed Post 9/11 (CH. 33) Guidelines sheet. (for CH. 33 only)
- Certificate of eligibility:
- Mandatory if you filled out the GI Bill Application online, are a CH. 35 dependent or are using the VRAP program.
- Optional for all other chapters or circumstances.
Step 7: Register for classes
- Once you have registered for classes, bring your official schedule into the Veterans' Services office to fill out the control card. This authorizes us to certify your classes with the VA for payment. This must be done every semester.
- NOTE: If you add or drop a class please come in and make the necessary changes to the control card, otherwise your benefits will be affected.
For PDF copy of all forms mentioned on this page.
Last updated: 11/5/2014 2:54:24 PM