Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government
graphic element

Admission of Students

Any graduate of an accredited high school may be admitted to Fresno City College. Also, any person having successfully completed the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE) or the General Education Development test (GED) with scores of 45 overall and with no subtest lower than 35 may be admitted.

Upon completion of applicable admission requirements, registration information will be emailed to the student by the Admissions and Records Office. For dates relating to registration, check the calendars in the class schedule or inquire at the college's office of Admissions and Records in the Student Services Building, lower level.

Applications are now available online for Spring 2015 and Summer/Fall 2015. Apply for admission.

Provisional Admission of Students

An applicant who is 18 years of age or older and is not a high school graduate may enroll as a provisional student for 12 semester units or more for one semester, with the stipulation that in order to enroll for subsequent semesters as a full-time student, he/she must earn a 1.75 GPA in the units attempted. This regulation does not apply to part-time students.

Summary of Admission Requirements for Matriculated Students

Full matriculation will be required of any student who intends to obtain a degree or certificate at Fresno City College or to transfer to a four-year college or university. Full matriculation shall require that a prospective student:

  • File a completed admission application prior to the start of the semester.
  • Request the last high school attended to send one transcript of work completed or attempted if high school was attended in the last two years. Transcripts are to be official copies sent directly from the previous school to:

    Fresno City College
    Admissions and Records Office
    1101 East University Avenue
    Fresno, CA 93741-0001

  • Have the GED scores or a copy of the CHSPE Certificate sent to the Admissions and Records Office if the GED test or the California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) was taken in the last two years.
  • Request each college of attendance to send one complete transcript of work attempted whether or not credit was earned. Transcripts are to be official copies sent directly from the previous college to Fresno City College. Transcripts submitted by individuals who do not complete the registration process will be retained for one calendar year should the student wish to reapply within that period.
  • Take a placement test: see Assessment, in FCC's college catalog.

Summary of Admission Requirements for Nonmatriculated Students

  • File a completed admission application prior to the start of the semester.
  • File one official transcript of all previous high school and/or college academic records if the student wishes to validate that a course prerequisite has been met either in high school or at another college.

Last updated: 7/9/2015 7:52:54 AM