Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government
graphic element

Frequently Asked Questions---Get your Answers HERE!!

Do I have to be a student at FCC to use the Student Health Center?

Yes. Student Health Services is funded by a Health Fee charged to students enrolled in credit courses during registration. The fee is currently $19.00 for each fall and spring semester and $16.00 for the summer session. All students enrolled in credit courses are eligible to receive services funded by the Health Fee.

Do I need an appointment to see a nurse?

It is best to call ahead and make an appointment to ensure there is a nurse available. Since some services are only performed in the afternoon having an appointment would alleviate longer wait periods. during designated times of the day, and in order to alleviate long wait times, appointments are best. However, walk-ins are welcome but wait times may be longer.

What is the cost to use the Health Center?

Most services are free. Students who are currently enrolled in credit courses and who have paid the health fee are eligible for services during the current semester.

I don't have health insurance. Where can I go if I am sick?

The Health Center can provide information about appropriate referrals if you need services beyond the scope of what the nurses can provide.

Does the Health Center provide health insurance?

We do not provide health insurance; however we have information in the office available upon request. You may also access the Student Insurance Agency website for plans specifically for students.

CanI get an absence note from the Health Center?

The Health Center does not provide absence notes to instructors. We can however, provide you with proof that you have been seen in the Health Center.

Last updated: 5/17/2013 3:08:28 PM