Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government
graphic element

Montgomery (CH.30) GI Bill

Important Information

Please follow these 3 Steps to start your benefits at F.C.C.
Click Chapter 30 Checklist for start to finish instructions

Step 1: FCC V.A. Benefits Processing

A. Applying to the V.A.
      Have already applied in the past:
-Apply on-line at and fill out Form 22-1990
(Application for Educational Benefits).
-2 to 8 weeks after applying you will receive a Letter of Eligibility in the mail. Please email that letter, or bring a copy into our office.
Have already applied in the past:
-If you already have a copy of the letter of eligibility and used your benefits at another location there is no need to re-apply. Please fill out & sign the highlighted portions of the form VA Form 22-1995, & email to our office.

B. Military Credit Evaluation (MCE)
-The MCE is designed to save you time and money by determining which credits will transfer to F.C.C. from your previous military education and training. We will need the documents below to process the MCE:
-Petition for College Credit: Please sign and fill out the highlighted portions of the Petition for College Credit, this petition allows us to run your MCE.
-DD-214 Member 4 Copy: If you have more than 1 DD-214, please email or bring in all of them.
-Unofficial Joint Service Transcripts (JST’s):
-Marines, Army, and Navy Veterans can access unofficial JST’s at
-Air Force Veterans can order CCAF transcripts from

Step 2: Student Education Plan (SEP)
Must be done with a Veterans Counselor if you are planning to use your V.A. education benefits before moving to step 4

Step 3: Certification
A. Registration: After receiving your SEP from the Veterans’ Counselor, your next step is to register for classes on your Web Advisor: using your SEP as a list.
Keep in mind ***The V.A. will not pay for classes not on your SEP***

B. Official Schedule from Admissions Office: After you register for your classes you must bring a copy of your official schedule from the admissions office only. ***Not from Web Advisor***.

C. Control Card: To be completed in the Veterans Office ***Before the Beginning of Every Semester***. This card is signed by the veteran to give authorization for the Veterans’ Certifying Official to certify you for your education benefits with the V.A SO YOU CAN GET PAID ON TIME.

Last updated: 7/1/2016 1:50:11 PM