Schedule an Appointment in Person or by Phone
You may visit the Health Service office to make a future or same day appointment. Our office is open during the fall & spring semester from 8 AM to 5 PM Monday through Thursday, and 8 AM to 4 PM Friday (please call for summer hours). We are located in the Student Services building downstairs in room ST-112. You may call us in advance for an appointment at 559-442-8268. All nurse/dietetic consultations are confidential.
Statement of Confidentiality and you Rights as a Patient:
Except for very unusual cases, your rights to confidentiality, between you and your health care provider are assured. State law requires this office to comply with reporting the following:
1. There is sufficient reason to suspect physical or sexual abuse of a child or elderly person or dependent adult.
2. Threat of bodily harm to another person must be reported to the intended victim and the appropriate peace office agency.
3. Mandated requirements of court orders and court ordered subpoenas will be met.
As a patient, you have the right to expect the following form this office:
1. Except for certain vaccines there is no charge to enrolled students for health services. Your participation is voluntary.
2. Your records in Health Services are confidential and maintained in a secure electronic record system.
3. The number of visits are counted and recorded anonymously for statistical purposes only.
4. All oral, paper or electronic communications pertaining to your physical or mental health or the payment for health care treatment will be kept confidential.
5. You have the right to review all your Health Services records and amend health information.
6. Confidential information may be sent to other health care providers without your consent if, in the nurse's judgment, delay would jeopardize your health. The information disclosed must be directly relevant to the nurse's involvement in your health care and an attempt to obtain your consent will be made as soon as reasonably possible.
7. Authorization to disclose information about non-clinical and/or payment issues, such as employment or insurance must be obtained prior to the release of specific information. However, treatment cannot be withheld if you refuse to grant this authorization.
8. We adhere to a minimum disclosure standard, and only the minimum health care information required will be released at any time.
On your first visit you will be offered a hard copy of our Statement of Confidentiality and provide an electronic signature indicating you received it. Your electronic signature gives consent for nursing services at Fresno City College Health Services. Services include, but are not limited to:
- TB skin testing
- First Aid, wound care
- Health Appraisal
- Assessment and Referral
- Access to over-the-counter medications
- Specified provider prescribed medications, determined on a case by case basis, after consultation with the student's physician*