What is a Student Education Plan (SEP)?
|A Student Education Plan (SEP) outlines a suggested course of study for the individual student based on major, transfer plans, and sequence of courses. Students are encouraged to update their plan each semester or when a change is made to their major, transfer institution or other pertinent objectives. An SEP should be developed during the student's first semester at FCC and maintained throughout a student's enrollment at FCC.
Ways to Develop Your SEP:
1. Schedule an appointment to attend an SEP Workshop/Event
You can receive a Student Educational Plan (SEP) by going through the Capture Your Success steps. Please click on the Start Your SEP button below to get started. Reserve a spot today if:
- You do not have any courses completed from colleges outside of the State Center Community College District (SCCCD).
- You do not have registration holds for Probation, DQ, or CPBP.
SEP CAPTURE events are scheduled on these days for fall 2015 semester:
Monday, September 28th, @ 1:00pm-5:00pm
Tuesday, September 29th, @ 8:30am-12:30pm
Wednesday, September 30th, @ 1:30pm-4:30pm
Thursday, October 1st, @ 3:00pm-7:00pm
2. Schedule an individual appointment with a counselor
You need to schedule an appointment with a counselor to receive a SEP if the following relates to you:
- You have attended other colleges/universities and you have external transcripts
- You have a probation hold of DQ or CPBP
Students in special programs need to meet with their special program counselors to complete a SEP. This includes DSP&S, EOP&S, Athletics, Learning Communities, and Honors.
Click here to view a sample SEP
Last updated: 9/21/2015 10:42:17 AM