Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government
graphic element

Tony CavigliaTony Caviglia
Phone: (559) 442-8271
Email: tony.caviglia@fresnocitycollege.edu

Facebook Logo 
Follow the Rams on Facebook

Welcome to Fresno City College football. My name is Coach Tony Caviglia and I want to take this opportunity to introduce you to our football program.

We implement multiple offensive, defensive and special team systems. Our players will have to learn all the skills needed to make a successful transition to a 4-year colleges.

Offensively our linemen must be skilled pass blockers as well as run blockers for our run/pass ratio is 50/50. We will utilize two backs 50% of the time and the other 50% we are 3 or 4 wide receivers and one back. Our philosophy on offense is balance. We want to spread the ball around to all our skilled position players and make the defenses try to defend them all.

Defensively, we are an attacking gap control defense. We are a zone team 65% of the time and the other 35% is some form of man-to-man defense. We like to attack offensives using a variety of alignments and we want to pressure them into bad plays. We like to play 8 or 9 defensive linemen during the game, and at times 5 or 6 defensive backs. Depth on defense is a primary goal so we can stay fresh for 4 quarters.

Our kicking game is emphasized to a great extent. Our kick off-team's average return is to the 39-yard line and we have blocked over 100 kicks or punts in 15 years. We expect our kicking game to be not only sound, but to win games.

Our program philosophy is to 'transfer all our players to 4-year colleges or universities'. Everything we do in our football program is to prepare our players for that next level. Our academic program provides the support and teaches skills to each player so that he can compete successfully in the classroom. The skills we teach academically and in football make the transition to the 4-year college smoother for our players.

We have been highly successful meeting our goals. Our 15 year regular season record is '121-29' and many of our players are receiving football scholarships. Please notice the LIST of Fresno City College Ram Football players and where they have signed.

Thank you for taking the time to read about our program. Please call or email me if you have any questions or have an interest in Ram football.

Tony Caviglia Signature

 

 Rams take field


 

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Download Acrobat Reader Download WinZip Download Word Viewer Download Excel Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer
Last updated: 4/23/2014 9:53:07 AM