Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government
graphic element
We believe that good nutrition is essential for a child’s physical and mental growth. Our Center provides breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack. Meal times are a pleasant part of each day where social skills are supported. Children are encouraged to eat and are given the responsibility to decide how much they will eat. No child is forced to eat and no child is denied food as a method of discipline. Monthly menus are posted in each room and may change according to program needs.

In addition to tasty, wholesome meals, there will be a comprehensive program of nutrition instruction which will include cooking experiences carried out by the children. Interesting, fun, tasty experiences with food preparation will help set good nutritional habits for future years as well as teach principles of science and math.

Because we participate in the Child Care Food Program please note: “The Child Care Food Program is available to everyone regardless of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability. If you believe that you or your child has been discriminated against in any USDA-related activity, you should write immediately to Administrator, Food and Nutrition, 3101 Park Center Drive, Alexandria, VA 22302.”

Last updated: 8/7/2008 12:55:50 PM