Skip to page body Home About Community Living Doing Business Browse by Topic I Want to... Your Government
graphic element

Fresno City College offers five majors in the field of Food and Nutrition Sciences. For purposes of articulation students planning to transfer to California State University, Fresno, into a Dietetics or Food Services major approved by the American Dietetics Association should take the following lower division courses before transferring to CSU, Fresno.

Child Nutrition (Major #5692)
The Associate of Science Degree and Certificate of Achievement in Food and Nutrition with an emphasis in Child Nutrition requires twenty-four units.

Dietary Aide (Major #575)
For people working as Dietary Aides in acute care and convalescent hospitals, EOC lunch sites, child care sites, and residential care facilities. The Certificate of Completion requires nine units. 

Courses In Food & Nutrition

Dietetic Service Supervisor (Major #5681)
The dietetic service supervisor is responsible for food service supervision and nutrition care of clients or patients in hospitals, nursing homes, and residential facilities.

This program is accredited and approved by the California State Department of Health Services, Licensing and Certification Division. To graduate from the program, the student must earn a grade of "C" or better in each course that is included in the program. Course grades are earned through the development of competencies needed for successful employment as a Dietetic Assistant.

Consult with a member of the Dietetic Services staff before scheduling courses in the program. At this time, the student will be registered in the program and the program of study, including appropriate field experience will be planned. Students will be required to establish eligibility for English 25 and 26 or English 53 or ESL 67 and 68 and Math 51.

The Certificate of Achievement in Dietetic Service Supervisor requires twenty-five to twenty-eight units.

Food and Nutrition (Major #5682)
The Associate in Science Degree and Certificate of Achievement in Food and Nutrition requires thirty-eight to forty-one units.

Courses in Food and Nutrition

Food Service Management (Major #5691)
The Associate of Science Degree and Certificate of Achievement requires thirty-four to thirty-seven units of required courses and a minimum of 60 units of college level work. Students should consult with the food service faculty before commencing their studies.

Courses in Food Service Management


Last updated: 6/21/2008 3:31:52 PM