Referral and Acceptance Process
- Tour the Program
- Receive CVRC Approval and Referral
- Complete and Submit TILE Application Packet
- Obtain Start Date or Defer
Students can expect hands on, campus, classroom, community, and virtual training on:
- Menu Planning & Preparation
- Personal Finance
- Mobility Skills
- Personal Care
- Leisure Skills
- Personal Safety
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Conflict Resolution
- Practical Money
- Independent Life
- Job/Career Education
Call and set up an appointment.
About the Program
TILE is a 2-year program that meets daily, 9:00am to 3:00pm. It is a year-round program that observes Fresno City College holidays, but has a two-week summer break, a two-week winter break, and a one-week spring break. We provide a 1:3 ratio of student aide to students. The program covers modules that will assist the student to become more independent in their living situation and/or move out in the future.
- Provide students the opportunity to learn self-help skills in each of the above-listed areas in order to perform tasks with minimal assistance.
- Provide learning activities that will transfer to lifelong independent living skills.
- Teach self-determination skills and knowledge of individual strengths.
- Empower students to compile and utilize community resources.
- Teach independent living skills for job readiness.
Transition to Independent Living and Education Program Document
- Student must be a Central Valley Regional Center (CVRC) client
- Student must be 18 years of age and have a high school diploma OR 22 years of age and older
- Student must be able to function without college attendant care
- Student must possess the desire to become more independent in the home or move out in the future
- Student must possess self-help skills and be able to learn function independently