Promoting Integrity Now (PIN) is a free two-day training developed to strengthen managerial and operational practices, and provide regulatory and nutritional information to Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) child care center staff. Anyone whose program is in a seriously deficient status would also benefit from the training.
The two-day training will cover:
- Eligibility and enrollment requirements
- Monitoring and training requirements
- Financial management
- Basic nutrition and child nutrition
- Meal pattern requirements
- Administrative reviews
The training is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
The following free Cal-Pro-NET online course and test must be successfully completed prior to attending the PIN training:
Food Safety, 2019-2020
Information on how to access this course will be included with the registration confirmation email you receive from the Cal-Pro-NET Center after you have completed the following two-step registration process.
- Preregistration is required and is limited to 40 people per training site.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) available: 14, plus 2.5 for Food Safety
Step 1: Online Registration Instructions Child Nutrition Information and Payment System (CNIPS)
Follow the system prompts as shown below:
- Program screen: select All Programs; select C0007
- Training screen: select CACFP Promoting Integrity Now (PIN)
- Location screen: select one of the three training sites
After completing the Attendee Information and before selecting the "Finished" button, print the Training Confirmation (last screen in the online registration process). A training confirmation email from CNIPS will be sent to you.
If you need assistance, contact the CNIPS Help Desk weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. by phone at 1.800.952.5609, option 6, or by email at CNIPS@cde.ca.gov.
Step 2: Instructions FCC Cal-Pro-NET
- Email a copy of your CNIPS Training Confirmation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your CNIPS Training Confirmation notice to the FCC Cal-Pro-NET Center, Fresno City College, 1101 E. University Ave., Fresno, CA 93741.
- If you have any questions please contact the FCC Cal-Pro-NET Center by phone at 559.489.2237. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
After we receive your CNIPS Training Confirmation notice, a Cal-Pro-NET confirmation packet will be emailed to you that will include
- driving directions and parking information;
- hotel and restaurant listings; and
- instructions for taking the prerequisite Food Safety online course.
You will receive your PIN manual at the training.
This training is free. No refreshments or beverages will be served.
If you are unable to attend, consider sending another person from your agency. To send someone in your place, or to cancel, contact the CNIPS Help Desk and the Cal-Pro-NET Center.