The Promoting Integrity Now (PIN) elective course is a free two-day training developed to strengthen managerial and operational practices, and provide regulatory and nutritional information to Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) child care center staff. Anyone whose program is in a seriously deficient status would also benefit from the training.
The two-day training will cover:
- Eligibility and enrollment requirements
- Monitoring and training requirements
- Financial management
- Basic nutrition and child nutrition
- Meal patterns
- Administrative reviews
The training is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
The following free Cal-Pro-NET online course must be completed prior to attending the PIN training:
Food Safety, 2018--2019
Information on how to access this course will be included with the registration confirmation email you receive from Cal-Pro-NET after you have completed the following two-step registration process.
- Pre-registration is required and is limited to 40 people per training site.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) available: 14, plus 2.5 for Food Safety
Step 1: Online Registration Instructions Child Nutrition Information and Payment System (CNIPS)
Follow the system prompts as shown below:
- Program screen: select All Programs; select C0007
- Training screen: select CACFP Promoting Integrity Now (PIN)
- Location screen: select one of the three training sites
After completing the Attendee Information and before selecting the "Finished" button print the Training Confirmation (last screen in the online registration process). A training confirmation email from CNIPS will be sent to you.
If you need assistance, contact the CNIPS Help Desk weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. by phone at 1.800.952.5609, option 6, or by e-mail at CNIPS@cde.ca.gov.
Step 2: Instructions FCC Cal-Pro-NET
- Email a copy of your CNIPS Training Confirmation notice to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your CNIPS Training Confirmation notice to the FCC Cal-Pro-NET Center, Fresno City College, 1101 E. University Ave., Fresno, CA 93741.
- If you have any questions please contact the FCC Cal-Pro-NET Center by phone at 559.489.2237. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Confirmation packets will include:
- driving directions and parking information
- hotel and restaurant listings
- instructions for taking the prerequisite online course
Confirmation packets will be emailed to you after receiving your CNIPS Training Confirmation notice. You will receive your course manual at the training.
This training is free. No refreshments or beverages will be served.
If you are unable to attend, consider sending another person from your agency. To send someone in your place, or to cancel, contact the CNIPS Help Desk.