Complete each step below in order to apply to the Radiologic Technology Program.
Complete online Fresno City College application.
All applicants to the Radiologic Technology program must apply for admission to Fresno City College to obtain a SCCCD Student ID number prior to applying to the program. When applying you will be asked to declare a major, please select Pre-Allied Health. Once accepted into the program your major will be changed to Radiologic Technology.
Completion of prerequisites with a C or better:
- BIO 20-Human Anatomy and BIO 22-Human Physiology or BIOL 21A-Human Anatomy & Physiology I and BIOL 21B-Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- HIT 10 - Medical Terminology
GPA of 2.75 or above
- A cumulative GPA calculation will be done using all college coursework document on all college/university transcripts.
- Application requirements include the completion of all three (3) prerequisite courses and a cumulative GPA for 2.75 or above.
- "In Progress" courses are not accepted.
- Grade points and units will be tallied from all college work attempted.
Applicants with coursework from outside State Center Community College District:
Applicants who would like to use pre-requisite or general education courses completed from outside of SCCCD should meet with a Fresno City College Counselor. The counselor will assist in determining whether the Course Substitution Petition process needs to be completed. This process should be completed before applying to the any Allied Health Program. Students with courses from a California public community college or university may use the following links to determine equivalency of courses from outside institutions with Fresno City College:
If a Course Substitution Petition is needed, courses must be evaluated by each department for possible approval. The required documents to initiate the review of a course are a copy of the official transcript and the course syllabus. This is a lengthy process and must be done at least 2-3 months prior to submitting an application. All approved FCC course substitutions must be submitted with application.
Advanced Placement (AP) Credit
Appropriate credit for AP scores recognized by Fresno City College may be applied to meet general education requirements. Please submit with your Rad Tech program application an unofficial copy of the AP College Board scores for any course you would like considered to meet program course requirements. Students must submit an official copy of their AP College Board scores to Fresno City College in order to receive college credit.
Applicants using Foreign Education courses
Students who have completed courses outside of the United States must have foreign transcripts evaluated by an evaluation service approved by Fresno City College. Please meet with a Fresno City College Counselor/Allied Health and Nursing Counselor.
The Radiologic Technology Program Application must be completed and submitted during the application period. The upcoming application period is January 6-February 3, 2023.
A completed application must contain the following:
- Online Radiologic Technology Program Application. Please list all colleges attended on the application including Fresno City College and all affiliated campuses. Failure to list all colleges previously attended may result in your application being denied. If you submitted an application during a previous application period you must complete and submit a new application in order to be considered in the next lottery.
- Submit one (1) official college/university transcript from each school attended outside of SCCCD. If you have attended Fresno City College, Reedley College, Clovis Community College, or Madera Community College you do not need to submit transcripts from those institutions. All pre-requisite coursework must be completed at the time of application and grades must be posted on the transcript. If you have previously submitted an external transcript to FCC Admissions & Records and have not taken any new courses at the institution, you do not need to resubmit the transcript.
Transcripts can be submitted one of two ways:
E-Transcripts can be sent by the institution, not the student to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sealed official transcripts can be mailed by the institution or the student to the following address:
Fresno City College
ATT: Admissions & Records (ATT: Transcripts)
1101 E. University Ave
Fresno, CA 93741
If applicable to the applicant, submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application:
- Veteran or a spouse of a veteran requesting veteran preference requires submission of a copy of the DD214 from.
- Course Substitutions - include a copy of approved Course Substitution(s) for prerequisite and General Education courses.
- AP Board Report.
Application Q&A will be available virtually on the following dates and times via Starfish. After logging in you will be added to a list and receive a phone call from a counselor before the Q&A time ends. Click on the link below during designated dates/times to add yourself to the waitlist:
January 10-February 3, 2023 at 11 a.m.-1 p.m. (Tuesday-Friday only)
To view how to complete the application, please watch the Application Video Guide
After submitting the application, follow the "Important Dates to Follow" (above) for when to check lottery and selection status.
Also, please regularly check your SCCCD Student Email for all notifications from Fresno City College.
Upon selection into the Radiologic Technology Program students must confirm acceptance to participate in the program and must attend a mandatory program orientation. Information about the orientation will be provided at the time of selection. Failure to attend will result in forfeiture of program placement.
Upon admission to the program, all immunizations, health exams, CPR requirements, transportation verification, consents, etc. must be met prior to beginning the Radiologic Technology Program. More information provided at time of admission to the program.