|December 2024 or before (to allow sufficient time for processing)
|Courses taken outside SCCCD should be reviewed with a FCC counselor for Course Substitution Petitions
|December 2024 or before
|All pre-requisite courses must be complete before applying
|January 2025 (see Step 3 below for dates and times)
|Attend an Application Q&A if you have questions (optional)
|January 2025 or before
|Send all college/university transcripts from outside State Center Community College District to FCC Admissions & Records Office
|January 10 - February 7, 2025
|Complete Online Program Application (link to online application is under Step 3 below)
|Log into lottery database to view lottery results and accept placement if selected into the program (see link below "Check Lottery Status")
|Deadline to accept placement if selected
Radiologic Technology - Next Application Period:
January 10 - February 7, 2025
Selected students will be placed to start the program in Fall 2025
Important Dates to Follow for Applicants:
Complete each step below in order to apply to the Radiologic Technology Program.
All applicants to the Radiologic Technology program must apply for admission to Fresno City College to obtain a SCCCD Student ID number prior to applying to the program. When applying you will be asked to declare a major, please select Pre-Allied Health. Once accepted into the program your major will be changed to Radiologic Technology.
Completion of prerequisites with a C or better:
- BIO 20-Human Anatomy and BIO 22-Human Physiology or BIOL 21A-Human Anatomy & Physiology I and BIOL 21B-Human Anatomy & Physiology II (Science courses with in-person or online lab are acceptable)
- HIT 10 - Medical Terminology
- Science courses with in-person or online lab are acceptable.
GPA of 2.75 or above
- A cumulative GPA calculation will be done using all college coursework document on all college/university transcripts.
- Application requirements include the completion of all three (3) prerequisite courses and a cumulative GPA for 2.75 or above.
- "In Progress" courses are not accepted.
- Grade points and units will be tallied from all college work attempted.
Applicants with coursework from outside State Center Community College District:
Applicants who would like to use pre-requisite or general education courses completed from outside of SCCCD should meet with a Fresno City College Counselor. The counselor will assist in determining whether the Course Substitution Petition process needs to be completed. This process should be completed before applying to the any Allied Health Program. Students with courses from a California public community college or university may use the following links to determine equivalency of courses from outside institutions with Fresno City College:
If a Course Substitution Petition is needed, courses must be evaluated by each department for possible approval. The required documents to initiate the review of a course are a copy of the official transcript and the course syllabus. This is a lengthy process and must be done at least 2-3 months prior to submitting an application. All approved FCC course substitutions must be submitted with application.
Advanced Placement (AP) Credit
Appropriate credit for AP scores recognized by Fresno City College may be applied to meet general education requirements. Please submit with your Rad Tech program application an unofficial copy of the AP College Board scores for any course you would like considered to meet program course requirements. Students must submit an official copy of their AP College Board scores to Fresno City College in order to receive college credit.
Applicants using Foreign Education courses
Students who have completed courses outside of the United States must have foreign transcripts evaluated by an evaluation service approved by Fresno City College. Please meet with a Fresno City College Counselor/Allied Health and Nursing Counselor.
The Radiologic Technology Program Application must be completed and submitted during the application period. The upcoming application period is January 10-February 7, 2025.
A completed application must contain the following:
- Online Radiologic Technology Program Application. Please list all colleges attended on the application including Fresno City College and all affiliated campuses. Failure to list all colleges previously attended may result in your application being denied. If you submitted an application during a previous application period you must complete and submit a new application in order to be considered in the next lottery.
- Submit one (1) official college/university transcript from each school attended outside of SCCCD. If you have attended Fresno City College, Reedley College, Clovis Community College, or Madera Community College you do not need to submit transcripts from those institutions. All pre-requisite coursework must be completed at the time of application and grades must be posted on the transcript. If you have previously submitted an external transcript to FCC Admissions & Records and have not taken any new courses at the institution, you do not need to resubmit the transcript.
Transcripts can be submitted one of two ways:
E-Transcripts can be sent by the institution, not the student to email@example.com
Sealed official transcripts can be mailed by the institution or the student to the following address:
Fresno City College
ATT: Admissions & Records (ATT: Transcripts)
1101 E. University Ave
Fresno, CA 93741
If applicable to the applicant, submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application:
- Veteran or a spouse of a veteran requesting veteran preference requires submission of a copy of the DD214 from.
- Course Substitutions - include a copy of approved Course Substitution(s) for prerequisite and General Education courses.
- AP Board Report.
Application Q&A will be available virtually on the following dates and times via Starfish. After logging in you will be added to a list and receive a phone call from a counselor before the Q&A time ends. Click on the link below during designated dates/times to add yourself to the waitlist:
Dates TBD - January 2025
To view how to complete the application, please watch the Application Video Guide
After submitting the application, follow the "Important Dates to Follow" (above) for when to check lottery and selection status.
Also, please regularly check your SCCCD Student Email for all notifications from Fresno City College.
Upon selection into the Radiologic Technology Program students must confirm acceptance to participate in the program and must attend a mandatory program orientation. Information about the orientation will be provided at the time of selection. Failure to attend will result in forfeiture of program placement.
Upon admission to the program, all immunizations, health exams, CPR requirements, transportation verification, consents, etc. must be met prior to beginning the Radiologic Technology Program. More information provided at time of admission to the program.
Fresno City College utilizes a computerized statistical lottery selection process for admission into the Radiologic Technology Program. The Lottery Process is used in response to more eligible applicants than enrollment space to the Allied Health Programs. The lottery is student driven, which means the student is responsible for supplying all transcripts and supplemental documentation required. To be included in the Lottery, the program application must be completed and all transcripts and supplemental documents included or it will be considered incomplete and processing will be terminated. All qualified applications received before the stated deadline will be treated equally regardless of the submission date.
All applicants who meet the application requirements are included in the lottery. After the lottery is complete, applications are evaluated to confirm eligibility. Applicants are then notified of selection into the program.
Students must keep the Allied Health, P.E., & Athletics Division Office informed of any changes in your name, address, and/or phone number.
Lottery Status will be noted as “Selected”, “Alternate”, or “Unselected”. You are required to check the Lottery Database for your status updates. Please review the entire lottery status page and read any "notes to students" at the bottom of the page. It is your responsibility to complete all major and graduation requirements. If you are unsure about these requirements please meet with a counselor.