Students seeking training in the areas of mechanics and transportation receive the most current training related to systems diagnostics, service, and repair. You learn to perform a wide range of diagnostics, repairs, and preventative maintenance on automobiles and light trucks. For instance, you will have extensive hands-on training in engine overhaul, manual and automatic drive train, 4-wheel alignment, brake service and repair, fuel systems, ignition systems, and air conditioning. Throughout the program, you may take Mopar CAP and other National Coalition of Certification Centers (NC3) industry certifications.
Upon completion you will be prepared for entry-level employment as a skilled technician in the automotive service and repair industry.
Fresno City College utilizes state-of-the-art labs, tools, and technologies to ensure students are workforce ready and qualified for appropriate certifications. The field of alternative fuels and hybrid electric vehicles is also an exciting and growing area in automotive/diesel technology. The Automotive/Diesel Technology programs will be certified by the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Education Foundation, General Motors ™ Corporation, Fiat Chrysler® Automobiles, and Volvo™ / Mack™ Trucks at our new Advanced Technology Center located in West Fresno.
Learn about our programs
Automotive Technology Overview (0:43)
Automotive Technology Programs (2:48)
- Automotive Technology (F.8051.AS)
- Automotive Technology (F.8051.CA)
- Automotive Technology - Chassis Technician Certificate (F.8053.CN)
- Automotive Technology – Chassis Technician I Certificate (F.8056A.CN)
- Automotive Technology – Chassis Technician II Certificate (F.8056B.CN)
- Automotive Technology – Emission Technician Certificate (F.8054.CN)
- Automotive Technology – Emission Technician I Certificate (F.8057A.CN)
- Automotive Technology – Emission Technician II Certificate (8057B.CN)
- Automotive Technology – Powertrain Technician Certificate (F.8055.CN)
- Automotive Technology – Powertrain Technician I Certificate (F.8058A.CN)
- Automotive Technology – Powertrain Technician II Certificate (F.2058B.CN)
To learn more about the Automotive Technology program and courses, contact an Applied Technology counselor.
Counselors are available in the Applied Technology Division Office to assist students with creating a Student Education Plan for an Automotive Degree or Certificate.