A certificate or degree in Education from Fresno City College provides students with the knowledge, skills and experience to obtain a job as a paraprofessional in a preK-12 classroom, and serves as a foundation for a Bachelor's degree in Liberal Studies.
- Elementary Teacher Education for Transfer (F.5920.AA-T)
- Child Development: Education Paraprofessional (F.5910.CA)
- Child Development: Early Childhood Paraprofessional (F.5912.CA)
- Child Development: Special Education Paraprofessional (F.5913.CA)
- Child Development: Special Education Assistant (F.5932.CA)
Contact Melissa Kent, Counselor for Social Sciences Division, for more information.
Chai Phannaphob, Ed.D, Teacher Preparation Coordinator (Single Subjects)
Courses and Information
To see recommended courses, see the Catalog. To see upcoming scheduled classes, see the Schedule of Classes.
Degrees of study for transfer that can be applied to the Single Subject Teaching Credential
- Studio Art, AA-T
- English, AA-T
- Math, AS-T
- Biology, AS-T
- Kinesiology, AS-T
- Spanish, AA-T
- Political Science, AA-T
- History, AA-T
- Music, AA-T
- Geology, AS-T
- Physics, AS-T
- Industrial Arts & Technology, AS
Learn more about each major
Degrees and certificates no longer offered
- Associate in Science, Teacher Aide
- Certificate of Achievement, Teacher Aide
Students enrolled under previous catalogs are still eligible to earn these. Please contact a counselor for more information about catalog rights.