Birthdate and Social Security Number Updates

If either the Date of Birth or Social Security Number is incorrect on your records, you may experience difficulty in receiving transcripts or credit for your earned units, degrees or certificates. To ensure uninterrupted access to your records and accounts, please have any discrepancies corrected as soon as possible. This must be done in person or in writing. You cannot have these corrections made online or over the phone by speaking to a college representative.

Required Documentation

Date of Birth

In order to correct your Date of Birth, we need to see one of the following Government Issued Photo IDs showing the correct Date of Birth:

  • Driver's License
  • AB-60 Driver's License
  • State ID Card
  • Passport

Social Security Number

In order to correct your Social Security Number (SSN), we need to see one in each of the following categories:

  1. Government Issued Photo ID
    • Driver's License
    • AB-60 Driver's License
    • State ID Card
    • Passport
  2. Government Issued Social Security Card (original actual card, not a letter from the Social Security Administration)

Request Correction

These corrections must be requested in person or in writing. They cannot be requested online.

In Person

Bring the necessary documents as listed above to the Admissions and Records counter.

In Writing

Submit a legible copy of these documents to the Admissions and Records office by mail or fax. You must include a letter stating the nature of the request that includes:

  • Your name (and any other name used while attending FCC)
  • Correct Date-of-Birth (for date of birth corrections only)
  • Student ID number or Social Security Number (for date of birth corrections only)
  • Correct Social Security Number (for SSN corrections only)
  • Current address
  • Phone number
  • Your identifying document(s) as listed above for the requested change
  • Your signature

Written correction requests can e mailed or faxed to:

Fresno City College
Attn: Records
1101 E University Ave
Fresno, CA 93741

Fax: 559.499.6023

Apply For Admission
Campus Map
Class Schedules
Faculty/staff Directory
Final Exam Schedule
Financial Aid
Human Resources
Institutional Research
Crime Alerts
Clery Report
District Police
Measure C
Other Colleges
Reedley College
Madera Center
Oakhurst Center
Clovis Community College
State Center Community
College District (SCCCD)
Progress & Performance
Associate Degree
For Transfer
Student Success
Institutional Research
and Effectiveness
Gainful Employment
Net Price Calculator