You do not need a placement test. Please schedule an appointment with a College Relations counselor.
Continuing & Returning Students
Students who were placed into courses below transfer-level will have new placements and new options for Spring 2019 and beyond.
English and Math course sequences are changing, and you will need to plan carefully to know which English course to take, and which Math course to select based on your Major.
What do you need to do?
- Schedule an Online or In-Person appointment to meet with a counselor OR
- Talk with an English or Math instructor for general information OR
- If you are part of a program like CVP, Idile, Symbaa, Puente, USEAA, TRiO, EOPS, NextUp, Cal-Works or DSPS, please schedule an appointment to meet with your program counselor.
What is changing?
For the Fall 2020 semester, all students will be eligible to enroll in our transfer-level English course, English 1A.
EMLS classes will still be offered. We have three levels of EMLS classes. These are for students whose first language is not English and who need English language instruction before they take English 1A. These students should contact email@example.com at the Assessment Center to schedule an appointment to take a placement test to find out which level is most appropriate.
For the Fall 2020 semester, all students will be eligible to enroll in transfer-level math courses. There are several math pathways that students can choose from, and it is important that you work with a counselor to select the pathway that is right for your major and educational goal.
- Support Options
Many students will benefit from new classes that will be offered as a co-requisite with some Math and English sections.Those students have been identified in the application process and will only be able to take transfer-level Math or English if they also enroll in a co-requisite course, or after they meet with a counselor.To support your success in transfer-level Math and English courses, FCC is expanding tutoring and student support services.
- Note: In accordance with AB-1805 requirements, college placement data is available upon request. Please contact the Director of Institutional Research, Assessment, and Planning to obtain this data.
In October 2017, California enacted a new law Assembly Bill 705 (AB 705) requiring all community colleges to maximize the chance that students will complete transfer-level math and English within one year, and transfer-level ESL within three years.
Research shows the fewer Math and English classes a student takes, the more likely they are to stay in college and graduate with a degree. Our number one goal is to get you a college degree.
For more information, visit the Chancellor’s website.
- Assessment tests are free.
- Parking on campus requires a parking permit - daily passes and meters available.
- No appointments necessary - Walk-in, first come, first serve basis.
- Bring your current photo ID (Driver's license, school ID, etc) and your college SCCCD ID number. You will not be admitted without a picture ID and a SCCCD ID number.
- FCC placement tests are valid at all SCCCD campuses (Clovis, Madera, Oakhurst, Reedley).
- Test results are loaded into the district computer at the end of the business day after you tested. Your test results can be accessed on WebAdvisor under Academic Profile by selecting Test Summary.
*Due to COVID-19 we will not be testing on campus, however we are still administering assessments via Zoom.
For students whose first language is not English, students can take the English for Multi-Lingual Students (EMLS) placement test to determine which course is most appropriate for their skill level.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to take your Assessment via Zoom. Appointments can be made Monday-Friday starting at 9 am and the last appointment can start at 3 pm.
As a precaution, the ATI TEAS Examinations on the Fresno City College Campus will be offered on campus in a limited capacity. Please email the Assessment Center at; email@example.com or call 559-442-8280 for details and to schedule an appointment.
- Create an ATI login at ATI Testing Website
- Schedule a time to take your TEAS exam. Call: 559-442-8280
- The ATI TEAS exam is $65 and you pay in the Assessment Center on the day of the exam. Debit/credit only. No cash or check.
June TEAS test dates
Wednesday June 30 12 pm
July TEAS test dates
Thursday July 8 12 pm
Thursday July 15 12 pm
Wednesday July 21 10 am
Thursday July 29 12 pm
Friday July 30 9 am