- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
If you need assistance with the FAFSA, please visit our Financial Aid Computer Lab located in LI-123 in the East Annex of the Library Building.
When filling out the FAFSA you will need tax return information from a prior-prior tax year. For example, if you are filling out the 2019-2020 application you would need your tax return from 2017.
Not a US Citizen or Permanent resident? Completion of the California Dream Act Application is required to determine financial aid for California AB540 eligible students. Submit the Dream Act Application to be processed by the California Student Aid Commission.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
- October 1, 2018 - March 2, 2019 FAFSA & Dream Application Priority Filing (but you can still submit your application after this date)
- March 4, 2019 Application Deadline for Fresno City College Scholarships
- March 2, 2019 FAFSA & Dream Act Application Deadline for initial Cal Grant awards
- September 2, 2019 Deadline for Cal Grants – Competitive Awards (Community College Students Only)
Need help filling out your FAFSA or Dream Act application?
Visit the Financial Aid Computer Lab for help! Located in the library, room LI-123.
- Complete the Scholarship Application online by the March 4nd deadline for following academic year.
- NEW Cal Grant applicants need to complete and submit a GPA Verification Form by March 2, 2019 for initial awards. If it is now past March 2, 2019 then submit a GPA Verification Form by September 2, 2019 for community college competitive awards. If you have at least 16 transferable units towards a 4-year degree with our District and within the last 3 academic school years, your GPA will be sent by the college electronically to the California Student Aid Commission.
- Receive your FAFSA results by mail or email from the U.S. Department of Education. Review your results and make any necessary corrections. The Financial Aid Office can assist you with making electronic corrections.
- Receive notification by email from the Financial Aid Office regarding your FAFSA results. You will be notified of whether or not you qualified for a fee waiver and if you are required to submit additional documents before your financial aid eligibility can be determined. If your letter does not request additional documents, then you will receive a letter of eligibility 1-2 weeks later.
- Review your information on WebAdvisor to see if you need to submit documentation to our office and to check your financial aid awards.
For Academic Year 2018-2019
Complete the FAFSA online.
Note: You will need 2016 income information to fill out the 2018 - 2019 FAFSA; this will be used to determine eligibility for the Fall 2018, Spring 2019 and Summer 2019 terms. If you plan on attending summer session, fill out the FAFSA for both 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 years to determine your California College Promise Grant eligibility (formerly known as the Board of Governors Fee Waiver).