Apply for Financial Aid
The FAFSA is the primary application needed to be considered for federal and state financial aid. You should complete the FAFSA if you are a US/Naturalized Citizen, or Permanent Resident.
Both the student and his/her parent (if applicable) are required to use a FSA ID, made up of a username and password, to electronically sign the FAFSA. The FSA ID is used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and federal student aid documents. To create an FSA ID, please visit the FSA ID Website.
Then submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Not a US Citizen or Permanent resident?
You should complete the Dream Act Application if you are an undocumented/AB 540 student.
Submit the Dream Act Application to be processed by the California Student Aid Commission.
FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2019-2020
The FAFSA and Dream Act Application for the 2019-2020 academic year will open on October 1, 2018.
You will need 2017 income information to fill out the 2019-2020 Financial Aid application. This will be used to determine eligibility for the Summer 2019, Fall 2019, Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 terms.
FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2020-2021
The FAFSA and Dream Act Application for the 2020-2021 academic year will open on October 1, 2019.
You will need 2018 income information to fill out the 2020-2021 Financial Aid application. This will be used to determine eligibility for the Summer 2020, Fall 2020, Spring 2021 and Summer 2021 terms.
If you need assistance with the FAFSA or Dream Act Application, please visit our Financial Aid Computer Lab located in LI-118 in the East Annex of the Library Building.
- Check your FCC student email regularly. The FCC Financial Aid Office will notify you if you need to correct your FAFSA or bring documentation into the main office, or when your Financial Aid Award Letter is ready to view.
- Check WebAdvisor. On WebAdvisor, you can view your award letter, see if anything is missing under "My Documents", and sign up for direct deposit.
- Bring any requested documents to the Financial Aid Office. We're in the Student Services building on the second floor and are open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesdays until 6 p.m.
The Financial Aid Office is open all summer. Beat the lines and make sure your financial aid is ready before school starts by bringing your documents in from March through June.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
- September 2, 2019 Deadline for Cal Grants for 2019-2020 school year – Competitive Awards (Community College Students Only)
- October 1, 2019 FAFSA & Dream Act Application Available for 2020-2021 school year
- March 2, 2020 FAFSA & Dream Act Application Deadline for initial Cal Grant awards for 2020-2021 school year
- March 2, 2020 Application Deadline for 2020-2021 FCC Scholarships: Click Fresno City College Scholarships for more information.
- September 2, 2020 Deadline for Cal Grants for 2020-2021 school year – Competitive Awards (Community College Students Only)