The mission of the Institutional Research, Assessment, and Planning Office is to promote and facilitate an equity focus culture of evidence and inquiry in which accurate data and information provide the basis for data-driven decisions to improve student learning and institutional effectiveness.
As a part of college-wide planning, the Office of Institutional Research, Assessment, and Planning in collaboration with the Institutional Research and Effectiveness Committee developed the following student-focused Research Agenda. The purpose of the Research Agenda is to identify research which provides relevant data that support s college efforts to focus on:
- Student Equity and Success
- Building Partnership
- Making Informed Decisions
Fresno City College (FCC)’s Research Agenda supports the college’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values. This document is to be used as a guide to ongoing structured inquiry and will be reviewed annually and updated as needed.
To achieve the college mission and vision, it is essential that all members of the FCC community participate in carrying for the Research Agenda. The pursuit and sharing of knowledge are the essence of research. Research is a collaborative effort and necessitates the cooperation of all campus members. It serves as a vehicle for dialog and a way in which to move beyond a culture of evidence to a more integrated culture of inquiry at the college.
The Research Agenda:
- is developed with an equity framework, designed to ensure disaggregate data is used to inform decision making.
- is student-focused and is aligned with integrated planning which includes the Educational Master Plan, Strategic Plan, SSSP-BSI-Equity Integrated Plan, and Guided Pathways.
- identifies the question or issue to be addressed, research subjects, research design, data usage, and reporting cycle.
FCC has identified 29 effectiveness measures that indicate the college's standards for student achievement, or “Institutional Set Standards”. The “Core 9” effectiveness measures will determine the focus of college efforts for 2017-2021.
The Institutional Research, Assessment, and Planning Office provides data and information on college profile including programs, enrollment, student success, and vision for success goals.