Register for Classes
The Fall 2023 semester begins August 7, 2023!
- Use your SEP to determine which classes you need. Go to the Schedule of Classes to find what is offered.
- Use Self-Service (access through MyPortal) to sign up online for each class or contact the Admissions & Records Office. Stay on top of Registration Due Dates.
Remember to estimate your time. 1 unit equals 3 hours of homework per week.
Add Classes after the Semester begins
Once classes begin, the only way to add a class is to obtain Add Authorization from the instructor. The instructor's email address is in the course information in Self-Service. If the instructor has room in their class, they will assign Add Authorization in Self-Service. Students who were on the waitlist for the course before the start date will be given priority. Use the instructions below to register for the course using the code.
Instructions on Registering for a Class using an Add Authorization
- Log in to your student MyPortal (see instructions at the top of the page for login information)
- Go to Self-Service on your dashboard
- Under the Menu (“hamburger”), click on Academics then “Register for Classes/View My Schedule”
- If you do not see your class listed, enter the 5-digit section number in the “Search for courses..” box at the top
- In the results, click “View Available Sections”, then click Add Section
- At the top, click “<Back to Register for Classes/..”
- Now find your class in the list with the status “Authorized for Add” and click Register
Before the start of each semester, there is an Extreme Reg event to help you with registering for classes.
All classes are only $46 per unit for California residents!
- Check your fee balance and Account Summary in Self-Service under Student Finanace
- Know the Payment Due Date. This can also be found in Self-Service.
- Pay fees in Self-Service or in person at the Business Office.
Summary of Student Fees details the required fees and includes an estimate for books and supplies.
- FAFSA application must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office to qualify for funding including CA Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee Waiver) and Scholarships.
- If qualified, financial aid will cover the cost of classes and possibly books.
- Know when your financial aid will arrive by keeping track of disbursement dates.
- If the disbursement date is after the payment due date, don’t worry. Your classes will not be dropped. Check your Financial Aid status by term on WebAdvisor under Financial Aid.
CA Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee Waiver)
- Cost of classes is covered.
- You may have to purchase your own books.
- If you have been granted this waiver, don’t worry about the class fees, they are covered.
- If qualified, CalWORKS will cover the cost of books and supplies. The CalWORKS forms must be turned in on time.
- If you are a veteran, visit the Veterans Resource Center
- There are many scholarships to choose from. Be sure to note deadlines.