The First of our Summer Sessions begins on May 24, 2021!
- Use your SEP to determine which classes you need. Go to the Schedule of Classes to find what is offered.
- Use WebAdvisor (access through MyPortal) to sign up online for each class or contact the Admissions & Records Office. If you need help with registering, visit Registration Details. Stay on top of Registration Due Dates.
Remember to estimate your time. 1 unit equals 3 hours of homework per week.
Add Classes after the Semester begins
Once classes begin, the only way to add a class is to email the instructor for an add code. The instructor's email address is in the course information in WebAdvisor. If the instructor has room in their class, they will email you an add/authorization code. Students who were on the waitlist for the course before the start date will be given priority. Use the instructions below to register for the course using the code.
Instructions on Registering for a Class using an Add/Authorization Code
- Log in to your Student Portal (see instructions at the top of the page for login information) and open WebAdvisor. You can also access WebAdvisor through WebAdvisor (access through MyPortal)
- Click on "Log In" then on "Students" to access the Student Menu.
- Scroll down to the "Registration" section; Click on "Using Authorization Code to Add a Class".
- Type the 5-digit class section # as listed on the authorization code label above.
- Type the 4-digit authorization code as listed on authorization label above; click the SUBMIT button.
- Follow the instructions on the "Register and Drop Sections" screen; Action of "Register"
- Click SUBMIT button.
- Review your schedule on "Registration Results" screen and click OK.
Before the start of each semester, there is an Extreme Reg event to help you with registering for classes.
All classes are only $46 per unit for California residents!
- To view your fee balance, log onto WebAdvisor. Account summary is under Financial Information.
- Know the Payment Due Date. This can also be found on WebAdvisor.
- Pay fees on WebAdvisor or in person at the Business Office.
Summary of Student Fees details the required fees and includes an estimate for books and supplies.
- FAFSA application must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office to qualify for funding including CA Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee Waiver) and Scholarships.
- If qualified, financial aid will cover the cost of classes and possibly books.
- Know when your financial aid will arrive by keeping track of disbursement dates.
- If the disbursement date is after the payment due date, don’t worry. Your classes will not be dropped. Check your Financial Aid status by term on WebAdvisor under Financial Aid.
CA Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee Waiver)
- Cost of classes is covered.
- You may have to purchase your own books.
- If you have been granted this waiver, don’t worry about the class fees, they are covered.
- If qualified, CalWORKS will cover the cost of books and supplies. The CalWORKS forms must be turned in on time.
- There are many scholarships to choose from. Be sure to note deadlines.