Here are some things you can do before Ram Ready to begin preparing for your first semester of college.
- Check your SCCCD email daily – Your email is the primary method the college uses to send you important information regarding deadlines, “Permission to Register” notifications for waitlisted classes, and FAFSA/Dream Act related details.
- Check on your Financial Aid – In Self-Service, you can view your award letter, see if anything is missing under “My Documents”, and sign up for direct deposit. If you have any financial aid related questions, you can contact the Financial Aid office at 559.442.8245.
- Check your waitlisted class – If you are waitlisted for a class, make sure to check your SCCCD email daily for a “Permission to Register” email. If a spot becomes available, you will be sent the “Permission to Register” email and have only four days (including weekends) to enroll in the class through Self-Service. Visit How to Manage Your Waitlisted Courses webpage for more information.
- Pay your student fees – Even if your tuition is covered by financial aid, there may be additional costs such as health or student body fees. You can see how much you owe and pay any fees through the Self-Service app located in your student portal. Visit Your Tuition, Fees and Other Costs webpage for more information.
- Check what textbooks and materials you may need – You can visit the Fresno City College Bookstore on campus or online through www.fresnocitycollege.edu/bookstore for all your textbooks and class material needs. Remember, have your class schedule available to lookup your books and materials.
- Get your student ID card - Your student ID has many benefits! A free FAX bus pass is available to students who are currently enrolled at FCC and purchase a ASB card for $5 each semester. You can purchase your ID card beginning January 2, 2024 online through your student portal or in the Business Office located in the Old Administration Building (OAB – 151). You will then take your receipt to the Student Activities office (next to the Cafeteria) to take your picture for your student ID. The Fax bus pass will be available starting January 8, 2024.
- Purchase your parking permit – Purchase your parking permit online. Once your permit is purchased online, a physical parking permit will be mailed to you. You will have the ability to print a temporary parking permit while you wait for your permit to be delivered.
Is it too late to register for spring 2024 classes?
No. You have until the day before a class begins to register for the class.
Who do I meet with to change my major?
First-time Fresno City College students whose classes have not started yet can meet with a counselor from our Welcome Center. You can contact the office at 559.442.8225 to schedule an appointment. If your classes have already started or you are a continuing FCC student, you can make an appointment with our General Counseling office online at www.fresnocitycollege.edu/counseling.
How do I know what textbooks to purchase for my classes?
You may search and buy your textbooks online by visiting www.fresnocitycollege.edu/bookstore or by visiting the bookstore on campus. You can view the bookstore’s summer hours on their webpage. You will need your class schedule to search for your textbook information.
How do I pay my tuition and student fees?
You can pay your fees online through the Self-Services app located in your student portal or in the Business Office located in the Old Administration Building (OAB-151).
When are my tuition and student fees due?
This varies from semester to semester, and you could be dropped from your classes for not paying your tuition fees by their deadline. Be sure to check your payment deadlines through the Self-Service app (located in your student portal) in the “Student Finance” section or call 559.489.2234 for questions.
Can I get a refund if I drop my classes?
If you would like to drop a class for a full refund you must drop the class within the first two weeks for full term classes. For short term classes, you must drop by the 10% point based on the number of class meetings for a full refund. Review Important Spring 2024 Dates for refund deadlines.
Where can I buy a parking permit?
Parking permits are available for purchase online. Once your permit is purchased online, a physical parking permit will be mailed to you. You will have the ability to print a temporary parking permit while you wait for your permit to be delivered. When you purchase your permit online, you will need to add your vehicle license plate number. You may also make a cash purchase of a parking permit from the cashier's office at the colleges (note the delivery process is the same as online permit purchases).
Who do I call if I need technical support for MyPortal, Canvas, Self-Service, student email, etc.?
You can call the SCCCD helpdesk at 559.499.6070.
FCC staff are here to help you! Below you will see a list of common campus services students utilize, their office hours, and contact information. If you have any questions or need assistance from any of the services below, we strongly encourage that you contact them.
Hours of Operation