About Fresno City College
Our staff includes
- A Poet Laureate
- A winner of Stanback-Stroud Diversity Award
- Amazing engineers, mathematicians, nurses, programmers, musicians, artists and more.
The Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) program won the Northern California Writing Centers Association (NCWCA) Spotlight Center Award for its innovative academic practices. We are dedicated, cutting edge, and friendly.
Take classes on campus or online. Are you in a hurry to graduate and transfer? Join one of our 25-month programs with guaranteed class placement. Need a job now? We offer certifications and training.
We offer an excellent education at a price you can afford.
- The first California Community College established in 1910 and second in the nation
- Hispanic-Serving Institution
- Largest nursing program in California
- Nationally recognized student organizations such as Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- Leon S. Peters Honors Program
- Transfer agreements to select University of California and California State University campuses.
The Fresno City College Athletic Program has been nationally recognized with the Learfield Sports Director’s Cup for Community Colleges. This national award honors institutions maintaining a broad-based program and achieving success in many sports, both men’s and women’s.
The college has a total of 20 teams that participate in intercollegiate sports including, badminton, baseball, basketball, cheer/stunt, cross country, football, golf, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, track & field, tennis, volleyball, wrestling and water polo. Every year, the Fresno City College Rams consistently win state and conference championships.