Registered Nursing Associate Degree Program (ADN)
Fresno City College has the largest community college Associate Degree Nursing Program in California and the second largest program in the USA. It is designed to educate students at the basic technical level of nursing practice, obtain an Associate of Science degree, be eligible to take the NCLEX (National Nursing Licensing Examination) and work in a structured health care setting.
Degrees and Certificates
- Associate in Science Degree in Nursing ( F.4520.AS)
- LVN-RN Articulation
Find out More
- Attend or view a Nursing & Allied Health Orientation.
- Meet with an Allied Health counselor
- Complete necessary program application prerequisites
- Begin Registered Nursing Program Application (Application Workshops available)
- Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the APA division office at 559.244.2604
Courses and Information
Check our Catalog for recommended sequence of courses. To see upcoming classes, visit the Schedule of Classes.
Challenge/Advanced Placement for Military Personnel
Individuals who have held Military Health Care Occupations may achieve advanced placement into the second semester of the Registered Nursing Program with documentation of education and experience qualifying them for the specific Military Health Care Occupation and upon successful completion of the challenge exam, dosage calculation exam and skills competency evaluation.
Challenge/Advanced Placement for Military Personnel Policy
The California Board of Registered Nursing has stated that as of February 2020, the status of the program is “Continued Approval of Prelicensure Nursing Program for Fresno City College Associate Degree Nursing Program.”
The registered nursing program is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing which ensures compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.