2021-2022 RN Student Handbook (Associate Degree in Nursing)
Table of Contents
- Welcome to the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- FCC ADN Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy
- Basic Standards for Safe Nursing Practice: Critical Elements
- Potential Challenges to Student Success
- Student Performance Deficiency Policy
- Student Rights/Conflict Resolution
- Organizational Chart for Communication Flow
- Guidelines for Using Nursing Skills Laboratory
- College Resources and Programs
- Military Personnel Credit
- Background Check/Drug Screen and Health Requirements
- Clinical Guidelines
- Administrative, Faculty and Staff Roles
- Opportunities for Student Involvement
- Program Completion
- Important Forms
Purpose of Student Handbook
The purpose of this handbook is to serve as an informational guide to assist in the orientation of new students and to provide a resource with information, expectations, policies, and procedures of the Fresno City College (FCC) Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program.
Registered Nursing Students at FCC are held responsible for reading, understanding, and adhering to the information outlined in this handbook. Failure to read this ADN Student Handbook does not excuse students from the requirements and regulations described herein.
There may be times when it is necessary to change, or update information in the ADN Student Handbook during the academic year. If this occurs, students will receive a notification of the addendum with the specific changes/updates.
We look forward to supporting you on this exciting journey!