The Fresno City College CalWORKs Program is dedicated to providing equitable and inclusive services to parenting students seeking to become economically and socially empowered through education.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Virtual Appointments Still Available
What is CalWORKs?
The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids – or CalWORKs, is a partnership between Fresno City College and Fresno County Department of Social Services (DSS).
Fresno County DSS provides services to people on cash aid who qualify for the program. Eligibility is determined by Fresno County DSS. Individuals can participate in Fresno City College for education and training. This will be part of the individual’s Welfare to Work plan with Fresno County. By complying with this contract, participants receive cash aid, in an amount determined by Fresno County’s DSS.
CalWORKs participants will attend an orientation conducted by FCC CalWORKs staff. Students will receive information about the requirements and expectations. At that time, an appointment is scheduled with a CalWORKs Counselor. The Counselor will assist the student with registering for school, determining a class schedule, and providing support and guidance through the academic experience.
Students are required to meet with the CalWORKs Counselor at least once every semester to maintain eligibility.
Students must bring their current approved WTW plan.
Meet Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be currently receiving cash aid assistance through a local county agency i.e. Fresno County
- Must be in good standing and have an approved CalWORKs Welfare-to-Work (WTW) plan
If you'd like to enroll or are already enrolled call or email to schedule a mandatory CalWORKs Orientation.
- New student orientations
- Priority Registration (for those who qualify)
- Ongoing academic advising, counseling, and support
- Student Educational Plan (SEP) especially designed for you. This SEP is updated on a semester basis and may determine the approval of your supportive services (may include childcare, transportation, books/supplies)
- Referrals to campus and community programs/services
- Child care, Transportation, Books and Supplies Assistance
- CalWORKs Work Study