Ready to Graduate?
If you expect to complete your program of study by the end of the Spring Semester, you may be eligible to attend the next Commencement Ceremony.
If you previously attended a college that is not part of the State Center Community College District, make sure you have already transferred all coursework to Fresno City College.
Normally, applications for graduation are processed within six (6) to eight (8) weeks. Applications received after the deadline for the current semester will be delayed. At those times, applications will be held until the next semester and you should allow ten (10) to twelve (12) weeks for processing.
Graduation Application Deadlines
Fall Semester – Final day of the semester
Spring Semester – April 1st for all Associate Degrees and Certificates
Summer Session – Final Day of the final summer session
Beginning in April, if you are eligible to participate in any of the ceremonies, you will receive an email via your student email account (@my.scccd.edu).
While you can graduate and receive your diploma or certificate following any semester, Commencement Ceremonies are held only once a year, at the end of the Spring Semester. The Certificate, Honors and Commencement Ceremonies are intended as a celebration for you and your friends and family to honor your and their hard work, sacrifices and achievements.
- Deans Medallion Ceremony - Degree Candidates who are selected as a Dean's Medallion Recipient will be invited to this ceremony. Applications for Dean's Medallion are available at the start of the Spring semester and can be found on the Financial Aid Scholarship Website.
- Honors Ceremony - occurs the week prior to finals week of the Spring semester.
- Certificate Ceremony - occurs the week prior to finals week of the Spring semester.
- Commencement Ceremony - occurs the last Friday of the Spring semester. It is for students who have earned an Associate degree the previous Summer, or Fall, or will be earning their degree in the current Spring semester. The Commencement RSVP link is activated each Spring in April.
If you have not already applied for graduation, you will need to do so before the April 1st deadline for Spring graduation. Reservations for the Commencement Ceremony and instructions on attendance will be posted on the Commencement page. It is your responsibility to make your reservations before the RSVP deadlines.
Step 1 - Log into WebAdvisor
All applications for Graduation or for issuance of your Degree or Certificate must be made online through WebAdvisor. On the WebAdvisor Student Menu, select ‘Graduation Application for Degree/Certificate’ from the ‘Graduation/Commencement’ section.
Step 2 - Select your Major (Degree or Certificate)
When applying for graduation, you may note that you have more than one eligible program (Major). If so, choose the major from which you wish to receive your degree or certificate.
If the major from which you wish to receive your degree or certificate is not found, you will need to see counselor to change your major.
Once your correct major is listed, select it and you will be taken to the Application for Graduation screen.
Once you successfully complete the application and submit it you will receive a confirmation screen. Please check that the following are correct:
- Diploma Mailing Address
- Name on Diploma
- Listed your @my.scccd.edu email address
You may double-check that you applied correctly by going back to the application screen and looking for the “Date Applied”. If the date of your application has been entered, your application has been forwarded for evaluation.