Transferring Coursework

In order to receive credit toward graduation for coursework completed at other institutions, it is the your responsibility to have official copies transferred to Fresno City College for evaluation.

If any transcript or other proof of coursework is submitted to Fresno City College with ‘work in progress’, you will need to submit a new copy once their grades or scores have been posted.

Transcripts from Other Institutions

Transfer students should request Transcripts from their previous institution and submit an official copy to Admissions and Records. An unofficial transcript may be used for review by a counselor upon your request to determine course to course equivalency in order to correctly advise you and to provide prerequisite overrides.

An official evaluation of Transcripts will not be conducted and transferred units will not appear on WebAdvisor until you have met all degree requirements and have applied for graduation.

Official Transcripts from all colleges previously attended must be submitted to Fresno City College by the end of the first semester you attend here. These transcripts must arrive in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution. We cannot accept faxed transcripts as official.

If a course substitution is needed, a course description and syllabi are required to determine if courses are equivalent to Fresno City College courses. You are responsible for providing course descriptions if they are not available in FCC’s resource databases.

Foreign Transcripts

Official Foreign Transcripts must be submitted to Admissions & Records Office with an official Credential Evaluation. The Official Transcripts must arrive in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution. We cannot accept faxed Transcripts or Credential Evaluations as official. The submission must include a U.S. educational equivalent summary and course-to-course evaluation.

A list of approved evaluation companies is available at the Admissions & Records Office, at the International Students Office, or online. Foreign Records Evaluation Services

Petition for College Credit

You may Petition for College Credit to be included in their evaluation under the following conditions:

  1. You have successfully completed 12 units with a ‘C’ average or better at SCCCD.
  2. You passed the CLEP examinations and can present their Certification.
  3. You took AP classes at your High School and passed them with a score of 3 or higher and can present the official record of the scores.

Turn in the completed Petition for College Credit form with the required documentation to the Admissions and Records office.

Petition for College Credit

If you do not have a copy of the Official AP Exam scores, you may request them from the following:

AP Exams
P.O. Box 6671
Princeton, NJ 08541-6671

Or call 609.771.7300
Or Toll-free in the US and Canada 888.225.5427
Or TTY: 609.290.8979
Or FAX 610.290.8979
Or Email AP Exams

Or visit the AP Website

Confidentiality and Submission Requirements

All Transcripts and credential evaluations submitted to Fresno City College become the property of the Fresno City College Records Office. They cannot be returned to you or forwarded on your behalf to another institution, regardless of how the request is submitted.

You are encouraged to obtain duplicate copies of your records from high school and prior college attendance for your personal file.

Official Transcripts and Credential Evaluations may be hand delivered or mailed, in an envelope SEALED by the issuing institution, to:

Fresno City College
Records Office
1101 E. University Ave.
Fresno, CA 93741