Name Changes or Corrections

If your Name is incorrect on our records from an error on your application, or if your name has changed, you may experience difficulty in receiving transcripts or credit for your earned units, degrees or certificates. To ensure uninterrupted access to your records and accounts, please have any discrepancies corrected as soon as possible. This must be done online or in writing. You cannot have these corrections made over the phone by speaking to a college representative. Updates are generally processed within three (3) business days.

Your Name of Record must match the name on your Social Security Card and Government Issued Photo ID. You may not list a nickname or alias as your Name of Record.

Requesting the Correction Online

Complete the Name Change form (contact Admissions and Records).

You must include the correct previous full name. You can view the previous full name that we have on record on WebAdvisor. These changes or corrections cannot be made on WebAdvisor.

Requesting the Correction by Mail or Fax

When mailing or faxing your request, it should be in the form of a letter stating the nature of the request that includes:

  • Your corrected name
  • The name shown on our records. You can view the previous full name that we have on record on WebAdvisor.
  • Date-of-birth
  • Student ID number or Social Security Number (SSN)
  • Current address
  • Phone number
  • Your signature

Written change or correction requests can be mailed or faxed to:

Fresno City College
Attn: Records
1101 E. University Avenue
Fresno, CA 93741

Fax: 559.499.6023

Phone: 559.443.8604