Change or Add a Major
If you change campuses or if you change the focus of your education, you may need to change your declared major. Financial Aid will require you to select a major that reflects the campus through which you are receiving your Financial Aid. This may mean adding a major from the new campus even though your area of study has not changed. To change your major or to add a new one, you must meet with a counselor.
Requesting the Change
Contact the Counseling Office. These changes or additions cannot be made on WebAdvisor.
Changing your major will not satisfy your requirement to apply for graduation. You must still apply for graduation separately through WebAdvisor. If you intend to graduate from Fresno City College, you must select a Fresno City College major. For other locations, please contact your Campus Counseling Office for instructions.
Choosing the Correct Major and Catalog Year
You may view a list of Majors for the current catalog or view our Catalogs for previous years' majors. A counselor will help you select a catalog year that you are eligible for based on your catalog rights.
For the purpose of this section, continuous enrollment is defined as enrollment in at least one primary semester (fall or spring). Any of the following academic records constitutes as enrollment during a semester: A, B, C, D, F, P, NP, CR, NC, Y, N, I, IP, RD, W, EW, and MW.
A student may elect to meet the requirements for an academic program from one of the following:
- The catalog in effect at the time the student first applied or reapplied and began continuous enrollment;
- In the event of a major/program change, the student may assume new catalog rights under the following conditions:
- The change of major/program must be approved by counselor, and
- The major selected must be within a catalog during the student’s continuous enrollment;
- The catalog in effect at the time of the student’s program completion.