Change or Add a Major

If you change campuses or if you change the focus of your education, you may need to change your declared major. Financial Aid will require you to select a major that reflects the campus through which you are receiving your Financial Aid. This may mean changing your major to the new campus even though your area of study has not changed. All changes of major must be made through Counseling.

If you need help selecting a Major, please contact Counseling. If have any questions as to your catalog year or the process to change your major once you have selected one, please call Admissions and Records at 559.442.4600, ext. 8604.

Requesting the Change

A Major Change or Add can only be made through the Counseling Office. These changes or additions cannot be made on WebAdvisor.

Changing your Major will not satisfy your requirement to apply for graduation. You must still apply for graduation separately through WebAdvisor. If you intend to graduate from Fresno City College, you must select Fresno City College as the location on your request. For other locations, please contact your Campus Counseling Office for instructions.

Foreign Transcripts

Official Foreign Transcripts must be submitted to Admissions & Records Office with an official Credential Evaluation. The Official Transcripts must arrive in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution. We cannot accept faxed Transcripts or Credential Evaluations as official. The submission must include a U.S. educational equivalent summary and course-to-course evaluation.

A list of approved evaluation companies is available at the Admissions & Records Office or at the International Students Office in the Student Services Building.

Choosing the Correct Major

We urge you to discuss any change of major with your counselor. You may view a list of Majors available by Catalog year.

Choosing the Correct Catalog Year

You are responsible for determining and selecting the correct Catalog Year.

Associate Degrees: Depending on which is more advantageous to the student, the student may elect to meet the requirements for the Associate Degree from either:

  1. The catalog in effect at the time of the student’s graduation, or
  2. The catalog in effect at the time the student began continuous enrollment leading to graduation.

For this regulation, a student shall be considered to have continuous enrollment if enrolled and active in any graded class at the census point (20%) of the semester. If a student misses 24 consecutive months, the student loses his/her original catalog rights and is not continuously enrolled.

Certificates: The catalog year for a Certificate is the catalog in effect at the time of the student’s graduation.