Complete each step below in order to apply to the Registered Nursing Program.
All applicants to the Nursing programs must apply for admission to Fresno City College to obtain a SCCCD Student ID number prior to applying to the Nursing program.
- Pass ATI TEAS with 62% or higher
- No more than 2 attempts
- 90 days required between attempts.
- If ATI TEAS not taken at the FCC Assessment Center,
- Transfer ATI TEAS score to FCC through www.ATItesting.com
- GPA of 2.5 or above
- A cumulative GPA calculation will be done using all college coursework documented on all college/university transcripts.
- Application requirements include the completion of all eight (8) prerequisite requirements and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above.
- “In Progress” courses are not accepted.
- Grade points and units will be tallied from all college work attempted.
- Completion of science prerequisites with C or better
- BIO 31-Microbiology
- CHEM 3A- Introduction to General Chemistry
- (BIO 20-Human Anatomy and BIO 22-Human Physiology) or
(BIOL 21A-Human Anatomy & Physiology I and BIOL 21B-Human Anatomy & Physiology II)
- Completion of non-science prerequisites with C or better
- ENGL 1A-Reading and Comprehension
- MATH 103-Intermediate Algebra
- PSY 2-General Psychology
- SOC 1A-Introduction or
ANTH 2-Cultural Anthropology
Applicants from Private or Out-of-State Colleges/Universities
Applicants who wish to use courses completed from a private institution or institution outside of California must complete the course substitution review process before applying to the Registered Nursing Programs or any Allied Health Program.
This is a lengthy process and must be done at least 2-3 months prior to application deadline. Course Substitutions must be initiated with a Fresno City College Counselor/Allied Health and Nursing Counselor. Courses must be evaluated by each department for possible approval.
Applicants using Foreign Education courses
Students who have completed courses outside of the United States must contact the International Students Office.
The online Academic Summary Form is available during the Application Period (see dates below).
If reapplying you must complete the online Academic Summary Form and submit confirmation email along with any necessary documents (see step 4).
Workshops are available during the application period if you require any assistance with completing the Academic Summary Form (see dates below). To reserve your seat please call 559.244.2604.
Submit the Supporting Documents to the Allied Health Division office (HS-1). Processing of application will be terminated if considered incomplete.
- Print and sign a hard copy of the Application Confirmation email sent by Fresno City College Registered Nursing Department.
- Print and sign the Acknowledgement of Student Responsibilities Form.
- Print copy of ATI TEAS Individual Performance Profile.
- Print copy of ATI TEAS transcript.
- Print copy of receipt showing ATI TEAS Score was transferred to Fresno City College.
- Two (2) official (sealed) college/university transcripts from any schools outside of SCCCD.
- Unofficial transcripts not accepted
- One (1) unofficial copy of your high school transcripts, or diploma, or GED certificate.
- If applicable, copy of approved Course Substitution(s) for prerequisite and General Education courses.
- If applicable, any supporting documentation for Optional Criteria.
If you applied during the previous application period, you must submit any updated documents along with the confirmation email and Acknowledgement Student Responsibilities Form. If it has been more than 1 year since you last applied, you must submit all required and optional documentation.
Verified supporting documentation may be awarded points. Students may submit all that apply.
Relevant Health Care Certification
- Copy of Relevant Healthcare Certification/License. At this time First Aid and Safety/CPR will not be awarded points.
Life Experiences or Special Circumstances
- Documentation showing student is receiving college Disability Services.
- Proof of eligibility or proof of Financial Aid (BOGG fee waiver, Cal Grant, Pell Grant or other federal grant, or CalWorks).
- Submit Life Experiences/Special Circumstances form for First Generation to Attend College Criteria.
- Proof of participation or eligibility for Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOP&S).
- Proof of Veteran Status/Eligible Spouse.
Veteran or a spouse of a veteran must submit a copy of the DD214 form.
- If you speak a second language, submit the Language Proficiency Verification Form.
- Check Application for status updates.
- Log back into your Academic Summary Form by selecting applicable "Continue Application" option to view application status.
- If you are "Eligible" for the lottery, you will see a tab labeled "Lottery Status" with your status posted.
- If you are "Selected", you must accept or decline your placement within a week of the date results are posted.
- Check Application Timeline for response deadlines.
- Check SCCCD Student Email.