Complete each step below in order to apply to the Registered Nursing Program.
Complete online Fresno City College application.
All applicants to the Nursing programs must apply for admission to Fresno City College to obtain a SCCCD Student ID number prior to applying to the Registered Nursing programs. When applying you will be asked to declare a major, please select Pre-Allied Health. Once accepted into the program your major will be changed to Registered Nursing.
- Pass ATI TEAS with 62% or higher
- No more than 2 attempts
- 90 days required between attempts
- If ATI TEAS not taken at the FCC Assessment Center,
- Transfer ATI TEAS Individual Performance Profile to FCC through www.ATItesting.com "Transcripts"
- GPA of 2.5 or above
- A cumulative GPA calculation will be done using all college coursework documented on all college/university transcripts
- Application requirements include the completion of all eight (8) prerequisite requirements and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- “In Progress” prerequisite courses are not accepted
- Grade points and units will be tallied from all college work attempted
- Completion of science prerequisites with C or better
- BIO 31-Microbiology
- CHEM 3A- Introduction to General Chemistry
- BIO 20-Human Anatomy and BIO 22-Human Physiology OR
BIOL 21A-Human Anatomy & Physiology I and BIOL 21B-Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- Completion of non-science prerequisites with C or better
- ENGL 1A-Reading and Comprehension
- MATH 103-Foundations of Algebra or higher
- PSY 2-General Psychology
- SOC 1A-Introduction to Sociology or
ANTH 2-Cultural Anthropology or
SOC 1B-Critical Thinking About Social Problems
Applicants with courses from outside SCCCD
Applicants who would like to use pre-requisite or general education courses completed from outside of SCCCD should meet with a Fresno City College Counselor. The counselor will assist in determining whether the Course Substitution Petition process needs to be completed. This process should be completed before applying to the Registered Nursing Programs or any Allied Health Program. Students with courses from a California public community college or university may use the follow links to determine equivalency of courses from outside institutions with Fresno City College:
If a Course Substitution Petition is needed, courses must be evaluated by each department for possible approval. The required documents to initiate the review of a course are a copy of the official transcript and the course syllabus. This is a lengthy process and must be done at least 2-3 months prior to submitting an application. All approved FCC course substitutions must be submitted with application.
Advanced Placement (AP) Credit
Appropriate credit for AP scores recognized by Fresno City College may be applied to meet an application requirement. Please submit with your RN program application an unofficial copy of the AP College Board scores for any course you would like considered to meet program course requirements. Students must submit an official copy of their AP College Board scores to Fresno City College in order to receive college credit.
Applicants using Foreign Education courses
Students who have completed courses outside of the United States must have foreign transcripts evaluated by an evaluation service approved by Fresno City College. Please meet with a Fresno City College Counselor/Allied Health and Nursing Counselor.
Complete the online Academic Summary Form (application).
The online Academic Summary Form is accessible only during the Application Period:
Traditional RN - January 5-February 1, 2021 (until 4 p.m.)
LVN-RN Articulation - October 1-October 29, 2021 (until 4 p.m.)
All Applicants and reapplicants must complete the online Academic Summary Form and submit confirmation email along with all required supporting documentation (see step 4).
Reapplicants WILL NOT be required to submit previously submitted college/university transcripts or ATI TEAS results.
Reapplicants WILL BE required to submit ALL updated supporting documents including but not limited to, results from ATI TEAS retakes not previously submitted and transcripts from outside institutions showing courses completed between applicaiton periods (see step 4).
Application Process Q&A is available via Zoom during the application period if you require any assistance with completing the Academic Summary Form (see dates below).
- January 6, 2021 at 4-5 p.m.
- January 8, 2021 at 12-1 p.m.
- January 13, 2021 at 4-5 p.m.
- January 14, 2021 at 4-5 p.m.
- January 15, 2021 at 12-1:30 p.m.
- January 20, 2021 at 4-5 p.m.
- January 21, 2021 at 4-5 p.m.
- January 22, 2021 at 12-1:30 p.m.
- January 27, 2021 at 4-5 p.m.
- January 28, 2021 at 4-5 p.m.
- January 29, 2021 at 12-1:30 p.m.
The Q&A sessions are for assistance with completing the online Academic Summary Form and to answer questions about the supporting documentation. These sessions will not provide a review of your application for completeness. Please read all information on Step 3 to review your application for completeness.
During the Q&A time listed, students will be admitted individually to the Zoom meeting. Until you are admitted you will remain in the waiting room. Students will be admitted on a first come first serve basis. At the end of the scheduled Q&A time, if you have not been admitted you are encouraged to attend a future Q&A session.
Submission of Supporting Documents is a two (2) part process:
1. College/University Transcripts
Submit college/university transcripts to the Transcripts Department at Fresno City College on or before the posted application deadline. Applicants must submit ONE (1) official College/University transcript from each school attended OUTSIDE of SCCCD.
Transcripts may be sent in one of two ways:
E-Transcripts must be sent by the institution, not the student, to email@example.com
Sealed official transcripts may be mailed by the institution or the student to the following address:
Fresno City College
Attn: Transcripts Department
1101 E University Avenue
Fresno, CA 93741
2. Supporting Documents
At this time the campus is closed due to COVID-19. Complete Nursing Application packets with supporting documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
In the email subject line write: 2021 FCC RN Application Packet
Attach the supporting documents to email saved as one file and label as follows:
Last name_First name_SCCCD Student ID #
DO NOT SAVE IN CLOUD
It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit a completed application packet with the following documents. Processing of application will be terminated if incomplete.
Signed copy of the Application Confirmation email sent by Fresno City College Registered Nursing Department after submission of online Academic Summary Form (ASF).
Signed copy of the Acknowledgement of Student Responsibilities Form (found in ASF).
ATI TEAS Information:
Copy of ATI TEAS Individual Performance Profile. Include all attempts. DO NOT INCLUDE “Topics to Review” pages.
Copy of ATI TEAS transcript showing all attempts at the TEAS exam. ONLY include if multiple attempts at the TEAS have been completed.
Copy of receipt showing ATI TEAS Individual Performance Profile was transferred to Fresno City College. Email confirmation from ATI Testing will be accepted as well.
One (1) unofficial copy of your high school transcripts, or diploma, or GED certificate.
If applicable, copy of approved Fresno City College Course Substitution(s) for prerequisite and General Education courses.
If applicable, any supporting documentation for Optional Criteria (see below).
If you are having difficulty submitting your complete application packet using the email@example.com please mail complete packets to the address below. The packet must be postmarked on or before the current posted application deadline. It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit a completed application packet. Processing of application will be terminated if incomplete.
Fresno City College
Attn: Registered Nursing Application
1101 E University Avenue
Fresno, CA 93741
Verified supporting documentation may be awarded points. Students may submit all that apply.
Relevant Health Care Certification
- Copy of Relevant Healthcare Certification/License. At this time First Aid and Safety/CPR will not be awarded points.
Life Experiences or Special Circumstances
- Documentation showing student is receiving college Disability Services.
- Proof of eligibility or proof of Financial Aid (BOGG fee waiver, Cal Grant, Pell Grant or other federal grant, or CalWorks).
- Submit Life Experiences/Special Circumstances formfor First Generation to Attend College Criteria.
- Proof of participation or eligibility for Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOP&S).
- Proof of Veteran Status/Eligible Spouse.
Veteran or a spouse of a veteran must submit a copy of the DD214 form.
- If you speak a second language, submit the Language Proficiency Verification Form.
The following video provides detailed information about how to prepare your supporting documents:
How to Prepare your RN Application Documents