Complete each step below in order to apply to the Registered Nursing Program.
Complete online Fresno City College application.
All applicants to the Nursing programs must apply for admission to Fresno City College to obtain a SCCCD Student ID number prior to applying to the Registered Nursing programs. When applying you will be asked to declare a major, please select Pre-Allied Health. Once accepted into the program your major will be changed to Registered Nursing.
- Pass ATI TEAS with 62% or higher
- No more than 2 attempts
- 90 days required between attempts
- If ATI TEAS not taken at the FCC Assessment Center,
- Transfer ATI TEAS Individual Performance Profile to FCC through www.ATItesting.com "Transcripts"
- Skip this step if scores have been previously submitted to FCC through www.ATItesting.com or prior application. Currently accepting ATI TEAS versions 6 or 7.
- GPA of 2.5 or above
- A cumulative GPA calculation will be done using all college coursework documented on all college/university transcripts
- Application requirements include the completion of all eight (8) prerequisite requirements and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- “In Progress” prerequisite courses are not accepted
- Grade points and units will be tallied from all college work attempted
- Completion of science prerequisites with C or better
- BIO 31-Microbiology
- CHEM 3A- Introduction to General Chemistry
- BIO 20-Human Anatomy and BIO 22-Human Physiology OR
BIOL 21A-Human Anatomy & Physiology I and BIOL 21B-Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- Completion of non-science prerequisites with C or better
- ENGL 1A-Reading and Comprehension
- MATH 103-Foundations of Algebra or higher
- PSY 2-General Psychology
- SOC 1A-Introduction to Sociology or
ANTH 2-Cultural Anthropology or
SOC 1B-Critical Thinking About Social Problems
Applicants with courses from outside SCCCD
Applicants who would like to use pre-requisite or general education courses completed from outside of SCCCD should meet with a Fresno City College Counselor. The counselor will assist in determining whether the Course Substitution Petition process needs to be completed. This process should be completed before applying to the Registered Nursing Programs or any Allied Health Program. Students with courses from a California public community college or university may use the follow links to determine equivalency of courses from outside institutions with Fresno City College:
If a Course Substitution Petition is needed, courses must be evaluated by each department for possible approval. The required documents to initiate the review of a course are a copy of the official transcript and the course syllabus. This is a lengthy process and must be done at least 2-3 months prior to submitting an application. All approved FCC course substitutions must be submitted with application.
Advanced Placement (AP) Credit
Appropriate credit for AP scores recognized by Fresno City College may be applied to meet an application requirement. Please submit with your RN program application an unofficial copy of the AP College Board scores for any course you would like considered to meet program course requirements. Students must submit an official copy of their AP College Board scores to Fresno City College in order to receive college credit.
Applicants using Foreign Education courses
Students who have completed courses outside of the United States must have foreign transcripts evaluated by an evaluation service approved by Fresno City College. Please meet with a Fresno City College Health & STEM Pathway Counselor.
The program application is accessible only during the Application Period:
Traditional RN - January 13-February 10, 2023 (until 4 p.m.)
LVN-RN Articulation - October 2-31, 2023 (until 4 p.m.)
Complete the Registered Nursing Online Program Application
All applicants and reapplicants must complete the online Registered Nursing Program Application along with all required supporting documentation (see step 4).
Reapplicants are required to submit ALL supporting documents. If ATI TEAS Test results have previously been electronically submitted to Fresno City College then you do not need to resubmit.
RN Application Workshop Dates and Times
For an overview and assistance with completing the online Program Application, workshops are available via Zoom during the application period. These sessions will not provide a review of your application for completeness. Please read all information in Steps 2-4 to review your application for completeness.
RN Drop-In Application Q&A Dates and Times
Drop-In Q&A sessions are available to answer questions about the application and the supporting documentation. These sessions will not provide a review of your application for completeness. Please read all information in Steps 2-4 to review your application for completeness.
During the Q&A times listed, students will be admitted individually to the Zoom meeting room. Until you are admitted you will remain in the waiting room. Students will be admitted on a first come first serve basis.
January 12-February 9, 2023
Submission of Supporting Documents is a two (2) part process:
1. College/University Transcripts (outside of State Center Community College District)
Submit college/university transcripts to the Transcripts Department at Fresno City College on or before the posted application deadline. Applicants must submit ONE (1) official College/University transcript from each school attended OUTSIDE of State Center Community College District (Fresno City College, Reedley College, Clovis Community College, Madera Community College). State Center Community College District transcripts do not need to be submitted.
Transcripts may be sent in one of two ways:
E-Transcripts must be sent by the institution, not the student, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sealed official transcripts may be mailed by the institution or the student to the following address:
Fresno City College
Attn: Transcripts Department
1101 E University Avenue
Fresno, CA 93741
2. Supporting Documents
Complete Program Application and upload supporting documents by the deadline (listed under Important Dates to Follow - above).
After submitting your online application you will receive a confirmation email to your student email . The email will include a checklist and a link to upload your supporting documents. Your application is not complete until the required documents are submitted. All documents must be uploaded in PDF format.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to complete the two part application process (online program application and uploading of supporting documents). Processing of applications will be terminated if the applicant does not complete the two part application process.
Applicant eligibility is determined based on information entered by the applicant on the application and documents submitted prior to the application deadline.
Below is a list of the supporting documents to be submitted:
ATI TEAS Information:
Copy of ATI TEAS Individual Performance Profile. Include all attempts.
If multiple attempts at the TEAS have been completed, you must include a copy of ATI TEAS transcript showing all attempts.
If ATI TEAS Exam completed outside of Fresno City College Assessment Center, you must include a copy of receipt showing ATI TEAS Individual Performance Profile was transferred to Fresno City College. Email confirmation from ATI Testing will be accepted as well.
One (1) unofficial copy of your high school transcripts, or diploma, or GED certificate.
If applicable, copy of approved Fresno City College Course Substitution(s) for prerequisite and General Education courses.
If applicable, any supporting documentation for Optional Criteria (see below).
Verified supporting documentation may be awarded points. Students may submit all that apply.
Relevant Health Care Certification
- Copy of Relevant Healthcare Certification/License. At this time First Aid and Safety/CPR will not be awarded points.
Life Experiences or Special Circumstances
- Documentation showing student is receiving college Disability Services.
- Proof of eligibility or proof of Financial Aid (BOGG fee waiver, Cal Grant, Pell Grant or other federal grant, or CalWorks).
- Submit Life Experiences/Special Circumstances Formfor First Generation to Attend College Criteria.
- Proof of participation or eligibility for Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOP&S).
- Proof of Veteran Status/Eligible Spouse.
Veteran or a spouse of a veteran must submit a copy of the DD214 form.
- If you speak a second language, submit the Language Proficiency Verification Form.
If you have any technical issues with the online application, contact the APA Division office at (559) 244-2604 or email@example.com or attend an application Q&A session (dates and times listed in Step 3 above).