Health Information Technology
Health information technicians organize and evaluate patient health records for a hospital, physician's office, or other health care facility. Medical coders assign diagnostic and procedural codes to support health care records and billing functions.
Fresno City College Health Information Technology Program (HIT) is designed to educate and train students for entry level practice, obtain an Associate of Science degree, and work in a structured health care setting. Fresno City College also offers a Medical Coding Certificate which prepares recipients to complete testing for a Coding Credential.
Please contact a counselor if you have any questions.
- Associate of Science Degree in Health Information Technology (F.4621.AS)
- Medical Coding Certificate of Achievement (F.4627.CA)
- Attend or view a Nursing & Allied Health Orientation.
- Meet with a Health & STEM Pathway counselor
- Complete necessary program requirements