Dental Hygiene Associate Degree Program
Fresno City College Dental Hygiene Program (DH) is designed to educate and train students for entry level practice, obtain an Associate of Science degree and work in a structured health care setting. The program is fully accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA), which allows eligibility to apply for the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination and Clinical Licensure.
Important Update! Fresno City College has been approved by the California Board of Governors, the California Community College Chancellor's Office, and the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) to offer a Baccalaureate Degree in Dental Hygiene. Please look for more details as implementation plans are developed.
Students applying for the program in Spring 2024 will be applying for the Bachelors of Science Degree in Dental Hygiene with a Fall 2024 program start date.
The dental hygiene upper division curriculum is planned to be completed in two years after acceptance. Students must have completed all CSU or IGETC General Education Breadth Requirements for certification and all dental hygiene pre-requisite courses. Completion of the Pre-Allied Health Associate in Science degree is recommended. The Associate of Science Degree in Dental Hygiene will be discontinued.
- Associates of Science in Dental Hygiene (F.4580.AS) - applies to current dental hygiene students
- Attend or view a Nursing & Allied Health Orientation.
- Meet with a Health & STEM Pathways counselor
- Complete necessary program application prerequisites
- Email your questions to email@example.com or call the division office at 559-244-2604
Courses and Information
License Exam Pass Rates
- Graduating Class of 2022 National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE) 90% pass rate
- Graduating Class of 2022 Clinical Licensure Examination 100% pass rate
- Graduating Class of 2022 Job Placement Rate: 100%
- American Dental Hygiene Association (ADHA)
- California Dental Hygienists' Association (CDHA)
- Central Regional Dental Testing (CRDTS) Services
- Commission of Dental Accreditation (CODA)
- Dental Hygiene Board of California (DHBC)
- Student American Dental Hygiene Association (SADHA)
- Western Regional Examination Board (WREB)
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics for Dental Hygienists.
The dental hygiene program at Fresno City College is accredited by the American Dental Associations’ Commission on Dental Accreditation. The ADA CODA is the only nationally accepted accrediting body in Dental Hygiene. The program is CODA approved without reporting until 2028.