Medical Assistant Program
Fresno City College Medical Assistant-Clinician Program prepares students for employment in a medical facility such as a physician's office, clinic, surgery center, or hospital. Medical Assistants assist the physician with patient examinations, diagnosis and treatment.
- Associate of Science Degree in Medical Assisting (F.2120.AS)
- Medical Assistant Certificate of Achievement (F.2120.CA)
- Register for available Medical Assisting classes.
- Meet with an Allied Health counselor.
- Complete necessary program requirements.
Courses and Information
Medical assisting classes are available in a variety of formats including in person, hybrid and online options. MA 1 and MA 2 are typically taken prior to taking classes that include lab components with hands-on skill development. MA 4, 5, 6A and 6B are offered in a cohort model - students enroll in all four classes in one semester. Students complete the program with MA-19, a work experience course.
Meet with a counselor for more information.