A TAG is a written agreement between the student, the community college and appropriate UC that accept TAGs which states if a student meets the conditions specified in the agreement (TAG), the student will have priority review of application and/or be admitted to the UC they have chosen to TAG (only one TAG is allowed).
The TAG Matrix helps the student to understand:
- The courses he or she must complete before transferring
- The minimum GPA he or she must earn
- The number of units required to transfer
- The specific requirements for high-demand majors
TAG Matrix 2016-2017
When to Start a TAG
The TAG application is submitted one year prior to the student's anticipated transfer date. Creating a UC TAP account during your first semester, will make this process much smoother.
How to begin a UC TAG for Fall 2017
- UC TAG application in now available for you to begin the process of completing the form at http://uctag.universityofcalifornia.edu
- Check the 2016-17 UC TAG matrix for eligibility criteria and campus-specific requirements.
- If you need assistance with completing the UC TAG form, please visit the FCC Transfer Center or contact us at 559-442-8290.
- UC TAG application filing period is September 1- 30, 2015.
- The University of California will REQUIRE a college admission application & the personal statement to be filed during November 1-30, 2015.
- The University of California will only accept one TAG application per transfer student. The following campuses that accept TAG's are: Davis, Irvine, Merced, Riverside, Santa Barbara, & Santa Cruz.
Please Note: UC TAG Email Notifications will be sent to all students mid-November. UC Transfer Students with an "Approved TAG" MUST complete and submit the UC Application.