The field of early child care and education has many opportunities. Because of the need for child care outside the family, well prepared early childhood educators are in great demand. A certificate or degree in Child Development from Fresno City College provides students with the knowledge, skills and experience to obtain a job in many different program types.
- Federally funded or state funded children's programs
- Employer sponsored child care centers
- Infant and toddler programs
- Private half day and full day programs for children
- Before and after school programs
- Parent cooperatives
- Family child care
- Campus child care programs
- Early intervention programs
- Child Development - Associate in Science (F.5615.AS)
- Early Childhood Education - Associate in Science for Transfer (F.5605.AS-T)
- Child Development Early Intervention - Associate in Science (F.5617.AS)
- Early Childhood Education (formerly Child Development) (F.5615.CA)
- Early Intervention Assistant (F.5617.CA)
- Child Development (formerly Associate Teacher) (F.5614.CA)
- Family Child Care (F.5571.CA)
- Child Welfare (formerly Foster Care) (F.5880.CA)
- Infant Toddler Specialist (F.5619.CA)
Contact Melissa Kent, the Social Science counselor or Mary Beth Miller.
Courses and Information
To see recommended courses, see the Catalog. To see upcoming scheduled classes, see the Schedule of Classes.