Do you want to become a teacher? Are you a Latinx, first generation college student? If so, the Enseñamos en el Valle Central (EVC) program is for you!
Enseñamos en el Valle Central (We Teach the Central Valley) is a federally funded cooperative partnership with Fresno State to help prepare Latinx teachers to teach in K-12 grade classrooms across the Central San Joaquin Valley.
Two EVC Programs to choose from:
- Multiple Subjects Learning Community for future elementary school teachers (TK-6 grade)
- Single Subjects Learning Community for future middle and/or high school teachers (7-8 & 9-12 grades)
EVC students will experience a strong learning community with other future teachers, in addition to counseling, tutoring, and faculty support every step of the way.
Enseñamos en el Valle Central 2-Year Cohort Requirement
- Latinx, low income, and/or first-generation student
- Majoring in one of the following majors for future teachers
- Elementary Teacher Education for Transfer
- Single Subject to become a middle or high school teacher (i.e. English for Transfer, Spanish for Transfer, History for Transfer, Math for transfer, etc.)
- Able to take classes Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m. While the FCC campus is closed to the public due to COVID, course dates and times are at the discretion of the instructors; synchronously (face-to-face); asynchronously (online).
How to Apply to Enseñamos en el Valle Central @ FCC:
- New Students (Current FCC Students skip to Step 2): Complete Fresno City College Online Application
- Apply to join Enseñamos en el Valle Central
For more information, contact Enseñamos or the EVC Counselors: