Library Technology Studies
Do you enjoy helping people? Are you excited to learn something new every day? Are you looking for a career that will allow you to make a difference in the world?
Then, maybe, working in a library or archives might be the right job for you. Check out the Library Technology and Information Program at Fresno City College. Our program is 100% online so you can take classes around your current schedule and commitments.
- Associate of Science in Library Technology (F.5171.AS)
- Library Technology Certificate of Achievement (F.5171.CA)
Get started on your new career in information and libraries. Contact Kristin Baer - email@example.com for more information. See current class schedule.
The Library Technology Program is a real world discipline. As such, its objectives reflect what the library paraprofessional will be asked to do in the field. This program is completely online and can be completed in 4 semesters.
At the completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Apply basic knowledge of library principles and practices to their specific library setting
- Understand basic technical service practices currently in use in libraries
- Understand basic public services practices currently in use in libraries
- Understand the purpose of the paraprofessional in all types of libraries.