Upward Bound is a pre-college TRIO Program. It is designed to assist low income and first generation college-bound students to further their education beyond high school. Upward Bound provides assistance in acquiring the academic skills and motivation necessary to succeed in high school and transition into college!
Upward Bound Classic students must attend: Fresno High School, Edison High School, McLane High School, and Roosevelt High School.
Upward Bound Math & Science program is designed to strengthen the math and science skills of the students in the program. The goal of this program is to help students recognize and develop their potential to excel in math & science and to encourage them to pursue post-secondary degrees in math & science fields.
Upward Bound Math & Science students must attend: Kerman High School and Caruthers High School.
- After-school tutoring
- Study skill development
- Saturday sessions each month at Fresno City College
- Academic advising
- Cultural activities
- Motivational and cultural speakers
- Career Development
- Financial aid workshops and advising
- College admissions workshops and assistance
- Field trips to college campuses
- Educational travel
In order to be eligible for Upward Bound Classic, a student must satisfy the following requirements:
- Currently attending or enrolled at one of our participating high schools (Edison, Fresno High, McLane, Roosevelt)
- Your parents did not complete a 4-year college degree
- You meet the low income family guidelines established by the U. S. Department of Education
- You have the potential to succeed in high school and college
- Have at least a 2.5 GPA
In order to be eligible for Upward Bound Math & Science, a student must satisfy the following requirements:
- Same as above, plus the following:
- Currently attending or enrolled at one of our participating high schools (Kerman High or Caruthers High)
- Have an interest in pursuing a college degree in math or science fields
There is no cost to become an Upward Bound participant.
To find out more information please send email to: Markeshia Iverson
Now accepting applications: Apply Virtually to Upward Bound
To find out more information please send email to: Sureima Santillan
Now accepting applications: Apply Virtually to Upward Bound Math & Science