- You will first create an OpenCCC account to begin an application.
- If you have taken classes in high school through the Dual Enrollment or High School Enrichment programs, you will have already created an account. If you do not remember your username and password, try to retrieve them on the CCCApply page by clicking on Sign In and then the “Forgot” tab. If you need help logging in to CCCApply, call 1.877.247.4836.
- While logged into your OpenCCC account, click Start A New Application to apply to Fresno City College.
- If you have any issues completing/submitting the application, you can contact our helpdesk at 1.844.887.2223.
Application Instructions Overview (Coming soon)
If your high school has created an account for you through the California Colleges website, start your online application at www.californiacolleges.edu.
Application Instructions Overview with California Colleges Information (Coming soon)
Within 24-48 hours after you have applied online, you should receive an Admission Acknowledgement email from SCCCD Admissions & Records with your Student ID#. If you have not received an email after 48 hours, check your spam/junk folder. If it is not in the spam/junk folder, call the Fresno City College Admissions & Records Office at 559.443.8604 for assistance.
Once you receive your “Admissions Acknowledgement” email with your Student ID#, you can then login to My Portal. Click on My Portal located at the top right of any webpage on the Fresno City College website. Once you log in to your student portal you can access your Student Email, Canvas, Self-Service, and other useful tools. Your username and password information was included in your “Admissions Acknowledgement” email in the “Step 2: Login on My Portal” section. This My Portal Video Tutorial will give you step-by-step instructions on how to access My Portal.
IMPORTANT: You need to change your password within 45 days from your initial login to avoid being locked out of My Portal. When you login to My Portal be sure to update your Communication Preferences so that you will be able to change your password on your own. A pop up will appear the first time you log in to your portal to ask you to confirm/update your Communication Preferences. This pop up will appear each time you log in to your portal until you update your preferences, so it is recommended you complete this step the first time you log in. For instructions on how change your preferences, visit the Communication Preferences webpage or watch the video below.
In My Portal, open the Student Email app and follow the directions to activate your student email. Check your email daily as email is the primary way the college will communicate with you.
STEP 1: Complete the FAFSA or DREAM ACT Application
- Visit fsaid.ed.gov and create your FSA ID. An FSA ID is the username and password you'll use to complete and sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Your parent should create their own FSA ID. This will let them electronically sign your FAFSA. (Undocumented parents can't create an FSA ID - they'll sign your FAFSA on a paper form.)
- Visit fafsa.gov and complete your FAFSA, as early as October 1 for the following school year. Be sure to add FCC (school code: 001307) to your FAFSA so we get your information!
- NOTE: Didn't answer “yes” to Federal Work Study on your FAFSA? Email the Financial Aid Office to be placed on the waitlist.
DREAM ACT Application (For Undocumented Students)
- Visit dream.csac.ca.gov and create your account. Create a username and password.
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN) will be created for your parent at the end of your Dream Act Application. This will allow your parent to electronically sign your Dream Act Application.
- Visit dream.csac.ca.gov and complete your Dream Act Application, as early as October 1 for the following school year. Be sure to add FCC (school code: 00130700) to your Dream Act application so we get your information!
- NOTE: Current high school students must submit an AB540 Affidavit to the Fresno City College Admissions and Records Office after graduation.
STEP 2: Complete Your File
- Check your FCC student email regularly. The FCC Financial Aid Office will notify you if you need to correct your FAFSA or Dream Act application or submit documentation to our office, or when your Financial Aid Award Letter is ready to view.
- Check Self-Service. On Self-Service, you can view your award letter, see if anything is missing under "My Documents;' and sign up for direct deposit.
- Submit any requested documents to the Financial Aid Office. Documents may be submitted by mail, email or fax.
Fresno City College
Attn: Financial Aid Office
1101 E University Ave
Fresno, CA 93741
Important Financial Aid Reminders
- Renew your FAFSA or DREAM ACT every year, starting October 1 for the following school year.
- To maintain your financial aid eligibility, you must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (minimum 2.0 GPA, credit for at least 67% of the total units attempted, and have attempted less than 150% of the maximum cumulative units for your program).
Complete the FCC Scholarship Application (Optional, October 1 – March 2 every year)
Fresno City College offers over 200 scholarships every year with awards ranging from $100-$1500 per year. To apply for scholarships, view important deadlines, and find more information go to the Scholarship Office webpage.
The Online Orientation will be available for RTG students to complete beginning December 1, 2021 at 7:00 a.m. at www.scccd.edu/orientation. The orientation can also be accessed in My Portal in the “Resource Links” section.
Please note, if you complete the existing online orientation prior to December 1, 2021 at 7:00 a.m., you will not receive credit for completing the orientation.
Completing the Online Orientation is mandatory and your completion date will determine your registration date!
Choosing your classes
Meet with an FCC counselor to select the appropriate level of classes to enroll in and complete your first year Student Education Plan (SEP-A). Your high school counselor will provide you with information on when this will occur as the date approaches.
Below is the handout that will be covered during your advising session by an FCC staff member.
If you are interested in participating in a special program (USEAA, PUENTE, SYMBAA, IDILE, or RAIN) at Fresno City College, please complete the Special Program Interest Form. You can visit the Programs to Help You Succeed webpage for more information on the different special programs offered.
Did you miss your high school advising date?
If you did not meet with an FCC counselor on your high school's advising day, you will have to attend our Advising Make-up Day. Please follow up with you high school counselor for details on when this will take place.
Students must complete Enrollment Guide Steps 1, 4, & 5 above by Monday, April 17, 2023 in order to be eligible to register for classes during the RTG registration period. Failing to complete one or more of those steps will result in the student being given a later registration date.
Students who completed Enrollment Guide Steps 1, 4, & 5 above will be notified of their priority registration date via their college email on Wednesday, April 19, 2022 and will be eligible to register for classes between April 25, 2023 – April 27, 2022. A student's assigned registration date will be determined by the date/time the student completed the online orientation.
If a student was not awarded a registration date between April 25, 2023 - April 27, 2023, the student did not complete one or more of the following Enrollment Guide Steps:
Step 1: Application
Step 4: Orientation
Step 5: Advising/Assessment
and therefore will be eligible to register starting May 3, 2023.
Students can login to My Portal and access Self-Service to register for classes. For full details and instructions on how to register, visit the Registration Resources webpage.